Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moby wraps no longer distributed in Europe?

Options
  • 18-11-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I've been trying to buy a Moby wrap for my 6 week old baby. In particular, I want a black one.

I just called littlecomforts.ie and the girl there told me that moby wraps are no longer distributed in Europe. I would have to get one from ebay or directly from America. I asked if they were stopped for safety reasons or some other reason, she didn't know.

I still want to buy one, and as far as I can see they have them on amazon, but I don't want to buy something that isn't safe.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Still available on Amazon.co.uk
    moby wrap

Have heard of the Infantino slings being recalled/banned, but not the moby wrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I don't know about the moby wraps but I'd be interested in knowing why as well because I'm nearly sure it was this brand I purchased for my baby (I haven't looked at it in a while but nearly sure it is this brand). Would be particularly interested to find out if there are any safety issues with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi
    I have a moby wrap that i used when my 5 month old was first born, i found it great, and never had any issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I bought one of these on Amazon a few weeks ago without any issues. I didn't get the black one but they have loads of colours so I'm sure it's available

I hope there isn't a safety issue with them? If there was though why would it just be Moby wraps and not other wrap type slings too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I checked here:

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/News_+_Research/Product_Recalls/

And i cant see any recall, anything covering Ireland is usually here, you could call their helpline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I was only looking at these on Friday on Amazon with a view to buying one for my 5 week old. Heard today that theres a sling demo on Thursday morning in Starbucks Liffey so gonna head along to try a few out. Will ask about moby wrap when there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I have a Mei Tai and find it fantastic... bought it on eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

The sling demo in Starbucks is from 11 to 1pm this Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anja A

Little Acorns closed down last year.
    The moby is still sold in europe. I had a quick search and no irish online shop has them in stock in the moment. Baba Me in northern Ireland has them in stock.

Advertisement