Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile & Meteor Advice Please

Options
  • 18-11-2011 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi guys

A few of these questions cross over between meteor and emobile.

I live in an area where meteor mobile broadband is very good. I am considering getting the samsung g2 on either meteor or emobile both offers seem very good but i havent decided which one yet. I have always been prepay so this would be my first bill pay phone.

Am i right in thinking that the €14.99 data add on for both networks can be used on the galaxy s2 and not just as a tethering data add on.

Also since the speeds are so good on meteor mobile bb where i live, does this mean the add on will be as fast on my new phone?

I am hoping to use the g s2 with 10gb data add on as a replacement to using my pc (meteor mobile broadband dongle)

I understand that a phone renders slower than a pc, but would the overall download speeds be the same, and also for the occasion when i might tether the phone to a pc.

Would i even need a 10gb data add on for a phone? is the internet compressed or something? so i would need less bandwitdh like say only 2GB on a phone? I often use up the mmb monthly prepay allowance before the time is up.

Here are the offers i was looking at.

Meteor

bill pay connect €20 + data add on €14.99
    + cost of phone €219

200 inclusive miniutes + 200 texts. (18 month contract)

Emobile

(Select 100) €19 + data add on €14.99

100 minutes + 100 texts

cost of phone €219

+unlimited landline calls. (12 month contract)

Its important for me to know that if i went with Emobile the download speeds and coverage would be comparable to meteor's.

I think the emobile deal would be better for me even though there would be half the minutes and texts.

The service i currently get on meteor including website layout and communication from staff has been very good

Emobile's website does not seem to be as good as meteor's and appears to have broken or no SSL at sign in.

Meteor has persistent HTTPS connection when logged in.

In the T&C for emobile data add on it says not to use it for VOIP, does this mean no Skype? and is it this same for meteor.

I understand that this is a lot to answer but i would be very grateful if someone from both Emobile and Meteor could read this and get back to me as soon as you can.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Hi jambonbons,

Further to the below, I can only really speak on the eMobile side of things here on this.

A 10gb allowence would be practically unlimited in terms of it's usage for the month so If you are using the phone to browse, watch videos et al this package would be ideal. The download speeds would be roughly the same though.

We do work off the same mast structure as Meteor so I wouldn't anticipate any difference in your coverage at all to be honest.

We are aware also of the points you have made about the site and are working on updating it; I would also note that we have multiple points of contact for the company (online especially) which can be found over on our site at www.emobile.ie.

Sorry I can't provide more info on the Meteor side of things but if you give them a shout I;m sure they will be happy to help you out.

If you need anything else please let me know.

-Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jambonbons

Thanks Steve.

Advertisement