Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are combat pants still acceptable fashion wear?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

That's why I'm suspicious combats might be uncool now-a-days. Didn't see them anywhere the last time I was clothes hunting a couple of weeks ago.
    there everywhere look again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Kasabian wrote: »
    What is the acceptable age cut off for wearing combats?
    I ask because I like to wear them with a nice pair of runners, tis a comfort thing.
    sure ya can wear them at any age if ya want who gives a sh1t what people think i most definetly dont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Pants eh? Shouldn't that be trousers or shorts? Damn yankyisms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Kasabian wrote: »
    What is the acceptable age cut off for wearing combats?
    I ask because I like to wear them with a nice pair of runners, tis a comfort thing.

I'm in the wrong half of my 30's and I have no intention of wearing brogues and cardigans with black bar-man slacks.
    there everywhere look again

Was in Debenhams and there was loads of them. ;)
    gurramok wrote: »
    Pants eh? Shouldn't that be trousers or shorts? Damn yankyisms!

I used to say trousers but they call them pants in Cork so I converted over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Better than skinny jeans anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Well if that's what makes you feel sexy OP go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Yes they are! Love combats.. dont own any but i want some now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

5 years ago the only pants I had were combats, and some trackies for work.

I loved them then and all jeans seemed to be huge bootcut yokes that I never liked.

Now I have no combats, I just wear slim jeans all the time.

tbh I miss wearing combats but they just seem a bit out of fashion these days.

That said I guarantee they'll be all the rage again in a few years.

I always prefered the combats with the pockets on the leg to be around knee level and never on the thigh.

Update.

Back from town with this stuff.

Shirt by Quicksilver. €60

Black Billabong T-shirt. €16

Pants/Trousers from H&M. €30 (look a bit like these)

Will order these runners this weekend.

Sorted. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

There is of course a version of the combat pants which is just pants with one side pocket and what's great about the side button or zipped side pockets is that it prevents any would be pick pocket having easy access into getting your wallet or other valuables and also prevents stuff from slipping out .Of course you wouldn't wear them at some social occasions .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Latchy wrote: »
    what's great about the side button or zipped side pockets is that it prevents any would be pick pocket having easy access into getting your wallet or other valuables

Very handy in Dickensian London.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

The new An post uniform trousers introduced in January 2011 are combat style, so good enough for the post person, good enough for all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

The first AH thread title I've had a giggle at in quite a while :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Update.

You never mentioned that you are a lumberjack.:p

Just kidding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Still wear them all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Howzit goin AH'ers.

I'm just going in town to buy some new gear. I need a couple of t-shirts, a pair of pants and a new pair of runners.

I was just wondering whether I should avoid combat style pants as I think they might have slipped off the acceptable gear radar.

Bonus points for suggestion pics.

What say y'all?

If you have to ask you'll never get it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Very handy in Dickensian London.
    Fagins boys would have had to UP their thieving skills .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Biggins wrote: »
    Still wear them all the time.
    Me too. I wear what's comfortable. That would be my main consideration. Fashion schmashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Update.

the kicks don't work that you ordered you need to be more flat and more surfed up something like a set of globes would be better if you wore dc's you'd look like a coop who wants to look like he's into the scene bra :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Howzit goin AH'ers.

I'm just going in town to buy some new gear. I need a couple of t-shirts, a pair of pants and a new pair of runners.

I was just wondering whether I should avoid combat style pants as I think they might have slipped off the acceptable gear radar.

Bonus points for suggestion pics.

What say y'all?
    Bermuda shorts are back in. Get yourself at least ten pairs in luminous colours. You'll look the biz.

• Advertisement

You never mentioned that you are a lumberjack.:p

Just kidding.

Check shirts are all the rage again, in nearly every shop in town. ;)
    the kicks don't work that you ordered you need to be more flat and more surfed up something like a set of globes would be better if you wore dc's you'd look like a coop who wants to look like he's into the scene bra :pac:

I'd be a bit too mature for skater-boi runners tbh. Used to love them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Lads, I like the comfort of a nice tracksuit around the house - if it was as simple as 'if you like it buy it' then I'd wear track-suits all the time but that's a bit simplistic.

You feel me?
    nobody said all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Check shirts are all the rage again, in nearly every shop in town. ;)

I'd be a bit too mature for skater-boi runners tbh. Used to love them though.

really ? ya mean theres and age were i have to put down my skate shoe collection and wear terribly designed bland runners that are dark creams and greens and dress like I'm unhappy ? :confused:

seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Nothing wrong with wearing combats. Must put on my cool Puma ones this weekend.

really ? ya mean theres and age were i have to put down my skate shoe collection and wear terribly designed bland runners that are dark creams and greens and dress like I'm unhappy ? :confused:

seriously?

I don't think you have to wear ugly bland runners but I do think that skater runners are a bit youngish for someone in their 30's.

Maybe it's just me though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Disbanded the fvcking army.... NOW!..

Woops, wrong thread :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Was it ever acceptable to wear them?

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Was it ever acceptable to wear them?

Yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Yes?

When ?

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    When ?

Last 10 years about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Well they're better than blue jeans that look like they were pulled off a mangled corpse, wiped off with bleach and left to dry in the bottom of a skip.
    I reckon if I put some of my old socks (with the toes gone out of them) on enough rails in enough shops, people would buy and wear them.

I reckon if I put some of my old socks (with the toes gone out of them) on enough rails in enough shops, people would buy and wear them.

I'll give you 15,000 Suid-Afrikaanse rand for a lorry full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Last 10 years about?
    They were trés-cool about 25 years ago when you had to buy them in army/navy surplus stores for about £20/£30 a pair, then they just became meh when the likes of Penny's started selling them.
    Still, very handy clothing though. :)

Advertisement