Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options Clontarf Dublin - No UPC

• 18-11-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Just moved house and called UPC they dont provide broadband in my area- raging.

I am looking for 20 mb or more. Was considering eircom 24mb but have heard bad reports about them.

Any reports of experiences with the above or any providors appreciated.

Pat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭pedantic.pat

could a mod move the above post to the sticky if necessary

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

UPC do provide full services in Clontarf, unless your house/road is some kind of odd exception. Otherwise the local phone exchange is fully LLU'd so all DSL providers are available, Eircom's incompetence not withstanding.

Spear wrote: »
    UPC do provide full services in Clontarf, unless your house/road is some kind of odd exception. Otherwise the local phone exchange is fully LLU'd so all DSL providers are available, Eircom's incompetence not withstanding.

Thanks for your reply spear. I called them again today after seeiing your post and they say they do not provide broadband to anyone on the street and are not going to be in the next 4 months.

called eircom for a quote but think ill go with vodafone 8mb to avoid the former and magnet because of their bad rep.

Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 TheGroove

For some reason Eircom is quite poor. Mine in particular disconnects constantly from my phone, or in certain rooms of the house the signal on my laptop is low or very low.

I would steer clear of Eircom, to be honest.

thanks groove,

To update;

Given up on trying to reconnect to ntl broadband.

Vodafone are unble to tell me what the max speed my line can achieve. I find this strange, why would I sign up to a contract for 8mb broadband when I have no guarantee my line can handle that speed.

Anybody any reviews for vodafone Broadband in Alfie Byrne of Clontarf before I sign up?

Any advice / help appreciated

Thanks,

Pat

• Advertisement
Advertisement