Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone had a pixie cut and regretted it?

• 18-11-2011 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭

I have short hair at the minute (long at the crown and short at the back if that makes sense) but im thinking of cutting it very short like the pixie look. I have had my hair long for most of my life and will probably grow it long again in the future.
    But I have a notion of a very short cut before i start growing it again. I don't like the last cut I got a few weeks back and am tempted to cut it very short. Anyone done it and regretted it. If so, why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I had a pixie-style cut about 8 years ago, I was 16. It was great in terms of getting ready in the mornings; hop out of the shower, stick in a bit of serum and good to go!

But, I'd never do it again. It got boring very quickly! I'm not exactly high-maintenance when it comes to my hair, but not even being able to put it in a ponytail was irritating; I looked the exact same every day; Plus it seemed to take forever to grow out. My hair is currently around bra-strap level on my back, and I still sometimes get a fright when I feel my hair move against my skin, I'm just not used to it :o

The most annoying thing was growing it out into some kind of decent style. I went through a number of hairdressers while my hair was growing, and only one was able to style it in such a way so I didn't look like a mullet-sporting weirdo.

Bottom line; for me, it was way more hassle than it was worth. So based on personal experience, I wouldn't recommend it. I know the feeling of wanting a change, but it's much easier to change something about longer hair!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I had a very short haircut a few years ago, shorter then

Celebrity_222.jpg

I have very curly hair, and it was great maintenance wise, three years later my curly hair is just below my ears curly and almost at my shoulders straight, think carefully before you do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

i'm in the middle of growing out a very short hairstyle and while i'm not regretting the hair cut i used to have,
    what i'm sporting now is like a cross between a bowl cut and farrah fawcett flicks on the front layers.
    Awful.

Advertisement