Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell Pizza, Wexford Street. Closed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭floorpie

Hell yeah.:D

Then i gotta say, their decor kind of did put me off going in much. It always looked a bit like an s&m club or something to me, unappetizing. The pizza was nice from the little i tasted.

It's mad how quickly it rose and fell...i was living on the street when they were kitting the place out, and it looked like they put a fair bit of effort into it, and that was what, only a year ago now? Not long anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Its an international chain though its not just a single branch - they have to stick to the franchise rules I'd imagine when it comes to decor etc.

Businesses rise and fall around that area of Dublin all the time - especially food industry businesses

Its an international chain though its not just a single branch - they have to stick to the franchise rules I'd imagine when it comes to decor etc.

Businesses rise and fall around that area of Dublin all the time - especially food industry businesses

Ahh i didn't know it was a franchise, that makes more sense. I know businesses go bust all the time, but i just remember it looking like they were putting an awful lot of effort into that particular business, compared to other places that have opened in the meantime.

Ye'd have to think that it's a competitive enough spot to be opening a food place, despite the footfall. Pretty much every cuisine is taken care of several times over on the street, neverminding Aungier/George's St and up towards Richmond Street. And having lived on the street, i know how empty they almost all are, generally (except for Green 19, which gets two thumbs down from me).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Ah I remember when Bianconi pizza closed in Ranelagh, thought I was going to starve and be miserable forever.

Then, on a tip from a work mate, I started making pizzas myself and quickly realised that a good pizza fresh out of the oven is as good if not better than any you'll buy.

Plus, they are so ridiculously easy to make it's a sin to spend €10+ on having one made for you.

Everyone should try it at least once. Here's a good recipe below for the base. After that, tinned tomatoes with basil and fresh mozzarella, and whatever else your having - I recommend the spicy salami from tesco - topped with oregano.

Oh, and you don't need the honey ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/perfectpizzadough_72456

You can make enough for 5 pizzas in one sitting and throw them in the freezer until you need them again. Once you've tried this it's damn hard to find a pizza that's better anywhere, guaranteed.

Good advice. Here's a tip i got from a friend which makes a massive difference (in a good way), put a little sprinkling of garlic powder over any pizza you make.

Having said that, i think a lot of the food businesses down Camden St way are counting on drunken trade; it's hard to motivate yourself to start cooking from scratch when you're passing all of em and have a bit of a tipsiness going.

• Advertisement

Check out Old Town Noodle Boxes - or whatever they are called - its where quiznos used to be.

Great noodles for about a 5er a box. The chicken satay box is amazing. Full meal for 5 eur. Can't beat it

Check out Old Town Noodle Boxes - or whatever they are called - its where quiznos used to be.

Great noodles for about a 5er a box. The chicken satay box is amazing. Full meal for 5 eur. Can't beat it

Oh yeah god damn that place is great, i wasn't expecting much, going in, but for takeaway-type food, it tastes very eh...fresh and...clean, or something (i can't put my finger on why it's so nice). E.g. the sauces aren't sugary radioactive looking goops like some places, and the vegetables do be all cooked just nice. One thumb up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

yes Hell is a Kiwi pizza chain. I used to eat them in NZ sometimes, usually ordering online when hungover in bed. They weren't great really. I know I'll prob be slated but I think Pizza Express are the best pizzas hands down.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    yes Hell is a Kiwi pizza chain. I used to eat them in NZ sometimes, usually ordering online when hungover in bed. They weren't great really. I know I'll prob be slated but I think Pizza Express are the best pizzas hands down.

Never heard of Pizza Express tbh - will check them out dough.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Pizza Express are just shop bought, they are Milano's pizzas but I find them too thin and floppy. Pretty small too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Birneybau wrote: »
    Pizza Express are just shop bought, they are Milano's pizzas but I find them too thin and floppy. Pretty small too.

Sorry, Milano's and PE are the same thing, here in UK they are PE.
    I'm not talking about the frozen ones, just the sit down restaurant. Really nice they are.

Advertisement