Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fly Fair, Galway, 19-20 November

Options
  • 18-11-2011 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭

Just a reminder in case anyone is interested, the Irish Fly Fair is on this weekend in the Galway Bay Hotel in Salthill, Sat and Sun from 10-6. Didn't see much publicity about it this year so people may not have registered it was on again.
    This was a really good show last year, and I've just been out to help set up a stand and it looks a lot bigger this year, seems to be more exhibitors and trade stands. Anyone who's into flyfishing and wants to pick up some materials, or watch some top flytiers in action, this is the place to be this weekend... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

I was there yesterday - worth the trip from Dublin and every cent of the tenner in. Got some great tying tips from world class tiers (Alice Conba especically!). Casting clinic was great. Stalls from people I've spoken to over the years that I had never met. Some of the talks/seminars were pretty good aswell. WTT guy was good.

Kind of raging I didn't stay in the hotel/Galway overnight. Craic was building big time as I left late afternoon.

Zippy your dead right - not advertised enough at all imho.

Roll on next March - I'm itching out get out. Might be tempted by some stockie bashing....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Money restraints means I couldnt make it. Very dissapointed, was really looking forward to it. Ah well, theres always next year. At least im not itching to get out on a river having spent the day around all teh equipment et al!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Was my first time to this show on Saturday, must say it was the best fair I've been to bar none. Great event and well organised, all the trade stands I usually buy from online we're there and more. Anyone into game fishing or fly tying this is the only fair you need to go to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

Was there yesterday and spent more than expected even though I didn't feel there were great bargains to be had. Nice to see all the fly tiers. I got myself started to tie lodza flies :pac: Roll on March !

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

BoarHunter wrote: »
    Was there yesterday and spent more than expected even though I didn't feel there were great bargains to be had. Nice to see all the fly tiers. I got myself started to tie lodza flies :pac: Roll on March !

What day did you go? I went on sunday and tbh I didnt see much great offers either but when I began haggling with a few of the stalls they soon budged on their prices. Got myself a few nice Hebert Miner capes at 20% lower than internet prices in the end.
    All in all, I dont think there was any mad money to be saved by going there and it definitely was'nt as good as last year although, this may be due to the hair and beauty industry! Despite the lack of selection on display, as you found yourself it was still fun to get to meet so many fine flytier's under one roof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

was there Yesterday

Advertisement