Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name of restaurant featured in Bia Devil? [Old Barracks, Athenry]

Options
  • 18-11-2011 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭

Recently, in the last month or so, Willie Shaw aka Bia Devil wrote for the Galway Advertiser a knock out review for a newly opened restaurant in Athenry.

I can't remember the name of the place, and searching the interweb is proving fruitless.
    So by any chance would any boardies be able to recall the name of the place, a phone number would great.

Not really Galway City related, however I was hoping to go to this restaurant this evening, so if the Mods could let this thread sit in the Galway City forum I'd be greatly obliged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Its a bit more than a month ago, but I do remember a good review of a restaurant in Athenry in the GA, it was http://www.oldbarracks.ie/

I haven't been there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Traveling Matt

The old barracks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Cheers Boys.
    I couldn't wait for replies though, so we're just after having a takeaway from Santoor Indian restaurant Oranmore, recommended.

So Old Barracks, yeah may have been over a month ago I could only recall that it was located in a old building of some sort, and that Willie Shaw(Bia Devil) rated it very highly IIRC.

Anyone been?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

It seems to me that the food critic for the Advertiser is afraid to crtiticise. Well, unless something changed in the last year because I always skip the article nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

We tried out the Old Barracks not long after Willie Shaw reviewed it - have to say we had a nice lunch one day, then went back for dinner a week later - was bitterly disappointed however. The dinner we had was just terrible, had to hand back the steak - it was so tough and chewy, couldn't eat it and there was a "funny" taste off the potato making it inedible. Worst meal we had in a LONG time. Haven't been back since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

City -> County

Advertisement