Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Strike Force Events! [UPDATED 05/12/'11]

Options
  • 18-11-2011 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

It's nearly that time of year... :) For the last number of years, Boards.ie has organised the Santa Strike Force. which is a charitable fundraising drive which runs every year. Its started when we thought it would be nice to buy an Xbox for Temple Street Children's Hospital. The response was so great that we ended up getting 7 Xboxes and much more besides!

Every penny raised gets turned into equipment, games or tech which improves the quality of life in residential kids homes/hospitals/etc. Not one person is paid a wage, or takes a cut. The items are delivered anonymously around xmas and afterwards, in a drop-and-run fun way (we usually have a mole inside to help us!). Hence the name Santa's Strike Force :)

In the past we have helped such wonderful groups as DEBRA Ireland, Rehab, Crumlim/Temple St and Barnardos amongst many others.

This year, there are two events happening to support SSF.

First of all, the annual Boards.ie Photobook is now available! The book launched on the 26th of November in the Dublin Camera Club. The book costs €35 and can be ordered via the Boards Photobook Blog.

photobook_leica.jpg
    Click here for more details.

The another event we've got happening is the annual Boards.ie Stand Up Comedy night which is happening downstairs in Peader Kearneys, on Dame St this Saturday the 10th of December. Good laughs guaranteed or your money back...

Sig1.jpg
    Click for more details.

[UPDATE]
    We've got a new event which should be of particular interest to any petrol-heads out there. Gary ITR and Drummerboy08 have just finished building a track-spec'd Civic that they plan on entering in the Irish Touring Car Championship. They're offering Boardsies a lap in the passenger seat around Mondello in the new year in exchange for donations. You can see all the details over here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Yeah yeah all good now on to the important stuff, who's stripping? :D

All kidding aside it's a fantastic cause and the closest thing I've seen to the child's play charity in Ireland! If I hadn't pestered my friends for the last month I'd try and do something but will make sure to throw in a few bob at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

The 2011 Boards book is now officially for sale, more details on our blog!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Hi all, just want to thank all involved with this.My daughter is 9 and is a reguler in Temple Street hospital.She often stays for 3 days at a time.In a single room , with about 12 foot of wires attatched to her.Having the likes of an xbox makes a huge differance to the kids.It makes the hospital seem a little more like home and brings fun, at a very scary time.So thanks all involved.Cathy

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement