Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dear Shop Girl

• 18-11-2011 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭zyndacyclone

Dear Shop Girl,

Your enthusiasm sold me on this wine, so I often come back to buy it from you.

It's nice, it's cheap, and I'm delighted that your friend used it for her wedding.

However, whilst I'm genuinely delighted, I'm also an aspie. I have marginal social skills and I have no idea who Westlife is. I am upset that your brother is upset that they split up (?). I grunted several times to express this as you told me the story. I am not good at communicating with strangers, particularly not when I have just become aware of the large talc stain on the bottom of my black trousers (they are all black, I don't like dressing up much, it's an aspie thing. I do like talc, apparently they are not compatible.)

Your 'Goodbye' as I rapidly turned and exited the shop with my wine sounded a little sarcastic even to my socially inept ears. Here's the thing: it's not personal, it's just wine; it's not intended to be rude, I have aspergers, so don't take it personally.

Regards,
    The Customer with the White Bottom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Was she hot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

what the f*ck ?

is that like the Rain man lad ?

hey do this 4587878*451155185

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

That's...nice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Meh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Dear Shop Girl,

Your enthusiasm sold me on this wine, so I often come back to buy it from you.

It's nice, it's cheap, and I'm delighted that your friend used it for her wedding.

However, whilst I'm genuinely delighted, I'm also an aspie. I have marginal social skills and I have no idea who Westlife is. I am upset that your brother is upset that they split up (?). I grunted several times to express this as you told me the story. I am not good at communicating with strangers, particularly not when I have just become aware of the large talc stain on the bottom of my black trousers (they are all black, I don't like dressing up much, it's an aspie thing. I do like talc, apparently they are not compatible.)

Your 'Goodbye' as I rapidly turned and exited the shop with my wine sounded a little sarcastic even to my socially inept ears. Here's the thing: it's not personal, it's just wine; it's not intended to be rude, I have aspergers, so don't take it personally.

Regards,
    The Customer with the White Bottom

Get a blog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Buy some bulbs for your headlights off her. Bitches love that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dear OP

Everything you said, except with her story replaced with the original post

And I don't have aspergers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Is it part as Aspergers that you have to mention it at least once every sentence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Hey, shouldn't you be hacking Sony or doing something useful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

TheZohan wrote: »
    Get a Ride.

fyp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

It took me much longer than it should to realise what you meant by "aspie"...

I had some coffee today. It wasn't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Aspergers.........

Anyone else getting hungry?

ARSEbergers more like wha!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Try blogging OP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement