Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Mail Link Pointing to Different Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

The ever-growing vBulletin bug list just got bigger. Bug report filed, thanks for getting in touch.

Right, I'm pretty sure it's our URL rewriting that's the issue here. - See below

When you pass a thread ID and the argument goto=nextnewest vBulletin brings you to the next the next thread that has a reply newer than the last reply of the thread ID given. This is why when you currently visit that link, you get an error saying "There are no newer threads", it's because that thread ID (the Metallica one) is the one with the latest post in the forum.

Obviously the correct argument we should be passing is goto=newpost which will bring you to the first post in the thread that was made after you last viewed it :)

This still doesn't explain why the Beta menu gives you the wrong breadcrumb, but it's definitely related :) Should be resolved for you later today or tomorrow
    - See below

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Careful, you don't want to make it sound like it was my own personal bug :).
    Do you know if it has happened much before? I certainly hadn't seen it until last week.

Malice wrote: »
    Careful, you don't want to make it sound like it was my own personal bug :).
    Do you know if it has happened much before? I certainly hadn't seen it until last week.

On review I actually think it might have been a hamster issue:

When you visit
    /tre/<id>

you should be sent to
    /vbulletin/showthread.php?t=<id>&goto=newpost&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notify

I don't see how newpost could have been replaced with nextnewest ...

Regardless, I'll fix the mismatch in the Beta menu so at least you won't be confused again. But if you happen to get a shortlink that kicks you to a different thread (with goto=nextnewest) then please come back to us

This mismatch issue has been fixed, it was related to the Beta Menu breadcrumbing. I expect the changes to go live some time this week. - Changes are live

If a notification ever resolves to nextnewest again, please reply here and I'll look into it again - the hamsters have been disciplined :)

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement