Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe student edition software question

Options
  • 18-11-2011 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Does anyone have experience purchasing adobe student edition software

I have a friend who wants to buy adobe photoshop and put it on there desktop and laptop so 2 licenses needed.

I found the below info on adobe site.

""
    How many copies of an Adobe Student and Teacher Edition can I purchase?

You may purchase only one license per platform of any Adobe Student and Teacher Edition product per year. Purchases of suite editions (such as Design Premium or Master Collection) are limited to one title per platform per year. Adobe Student and Teacher Edition products may be used only on your privately owned computer and may not be resold.

http://www.adobe.com/education/students/studentteacheredition/faq.html

""

Has anyone purchased for example the master collection on one academic year.
    Then the following academic year purchase a second master collection licence.

Resulting in 2 working license keys.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

A single purchase of the software is one license that you can use on two seperate machines. So in effect you only have to make a single purchase for your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 derekjones

One license works on two machines...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

On the commercial licenses you can install on two separate machines but they aren't supposed to be activated in the same location... i.e. you can have the second install at home and one at work. Both activate fine so long as they're on different networks.

Don't know if this restriction applies to student versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I don't think they have to be on diff networks, they're just designed to be used by one person, so not being used at the same time. If you run Photoshop on Desktop and then run it on the laptop you'll get a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

They can actually be used at the same time, so long as both copies are at different locations, identified by ip address.

Here's the section from the E.U.L.A.
    eula.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement