Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Book Club

Options
  • 18-11-2011 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Been very little input or interest in this but I'm going to do it anyway. Worst case scenario I'll have a read a book or two which is no bad thing. Right so, the business end.

• Any or all of the books are included. Pick one that interests you or like me get em all and hope one is good, its up to yourself.

• Discussion of those books to be done in this thread with the post title stating the books being discussed, hopefully if its all lumped together it will keep the thread active enough and enable the books to be compared.
    • Ideally anyone interested would have read and discussed the books over the winter to allow for another round in the spring time but we'll see how it goes. Its open to everyone who's read or wants to the read books so there really is no end date.

Books were chosen on user input which amounted to two people and myself. A sorry state of affairs really but hopefully a few more will happen by and join in when they are barricaded in by the snow/rain. I linked to Amazon for the descriptions but The Book Depository have some good prices too along with free shipping so it may be cheaper there. Remember to check both .co.uk and .com sites as price can be different on both but always shipped for free.

So pick a book or two or three, relax and have a read over the cold miserable winter then pop along to tell us what you think and hopefully a few of us can make this a regular thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

:cool: Thanks MungBean! I ordered my books and am looking forward to participating... :) Happy Reading everbody!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nikki2510

Sounds like a plan!! I'm gonna start with the sense of an ending. I'll pick it up the weekend. Looking forward to it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

The Tenderloin and Sense of an Ending arrived today. Gonna start with Sense of an Ending too I think. Seems like a nice handy sized book at 160 pages to get me going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

Night Circus was delivered today, but it doesn't seem Sense of an Ending will be here anytime soon :( ... It does sound like a good starter book.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Should start reading these shortly. Hope to get through all of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement