Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarry Flynn on DVD

• 18-11-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi,

My local drama group is doing the Patrick Kavanagh play called 'Tarry Flynn'.

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a copy of the play on DVD?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭TygerKrash

Are you looking for a movie version of Tarry Flynn or a recording of a performance of the play?

If it's the former, I think you are out of luck, I don't believe one exists.

If it's the latter, I would suggest your best bet is to try contacting drama groups which have already put on the production (I believe Ballally players have performed it recently) to see if they have a copy of their own performances.

That said when you buy the rights to perform a play it tends to exclude recording of the performance, Not to say it doesn't happen, but it may make the groups reluctant to share any recording they do have!

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭jorg

Yeah. I don't believe it was ever made into a film. Theres been a few adaptions over the years; PJ O' Connors in the 70s and Conal Morrisons recently which is what Balally / Mill Theatre did this year which was very good, very visual. It was very much a directors play.

Advertisement