Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grove Bar closing!

• 18-11-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

The Grove Bar announced on their FB page that they are closing and thanked staff and customers etc.

I don't live at that side of town so have never been there at night but have had lunch there on numerous occasions, and I just have to say it is such a shame that another business is gone..........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'm really sorry to hear that, I was only ever it a handful of times (as I'm living in East Clare) but I thought it was a lovely pub, it was obvious they poured a serious amount of money into the interior design, the place was gorgeous.

I'm really surprised to hear it is closing, I would have thought with all the new housing developments in the Tulla Road/Roslevan area in the last ten years that they would have done well. From what I remember it is the only pub in that area, next nearest pub would be in Ennis, Johnnos in Doora or Duggan's in Spancilhill.

I suppose these days alot of people are struggling to pay mortgages so there are more and more people drinking at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

That is a shame. Haven't been there for a few years but had many the good session there and in the previous versions. Hopefully someone will take the place on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Donagh Vaughan is taking it over it won't be closed long max a week AFAIK apparently there will be a name change but that is unconfirmed at the moment
    The recievers have been in there for months so its not a major surprise that it has changed hands at last

I'm glad it isn't closing for good. Hopefully, some of the staff will be kept on. A pub should do well on the Tulla Road/Roslevan as there is no competition to speak of in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

moroney,s bar is opening friday night, charlie o meara from the usual place is going in there;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    moroney,s bar is opening friday night, charlie o meara from the usual place is going in there;)

where?

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    moroney,s bar is opening friday night, charlie o meara from the usual place is going in there
    angelfire9 wrote: »
    where?

And you call yourself a native :p:D (only joking!) Moroney's is in Lower Market Street, it was established in 1840 making it one of the oldest pubs in Ennis.

This message was posted on their website on 22/11/'11.
    Welcome Charlie

On Friday night next 25th November Moroney's will re open it's doors and the new gaffer in charge will be none other than Charlie O Mara. Many of you will know Charlie from The Usual Place in the Upper Market which he has ran in one capacity or another since Clare All Ireland winning year of 1997. There is not a lot that can be said about Charlie other than the Moroney family are extremely lucky to have him on board such is his standing in the bar trade. He has been extremely professional in his approach and has been hands on with changes in the bar.

Charlie has a great team around him in the Usual Place in John White and Diane Clohessy, both of whom have been with him for years and will now be behind the counter of Moroneys. Also some old faces will be seen with Ger Hanrahan and Irene Hehir lending a hand and smile while our famous Wednesday night trad sessions with the great Marcus Moloney will be returning. As always there will be a Cead Mile Failte to all our old and new customers who walk through the door and you can be assured of a smile, crack and of course a great pint from Charlie and his team.

Posted on Tuesday, 22 November 2011

http://moroneysbar.com/index.php

Advertisement