Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student looking for weekend job

• 18-11-2011 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hey,

Student looking for weekend job.

Iam studing Software System Development at WIT. Iam willing to take intresting job. (I enjoy driving - Ive been around Ireland no problem)

Full Licence (hold for year - no accidents)
    I have my own car.

Offers: freszl22@gmail.com (or ask for more info)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Are you just looking for a driving/delivery job or wud u work in a shop? River island are taking on people for xmass:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Fresz19

I can work in shop no problem. Are you from River Island?

Fresz19 wrote: »
    I can work in shop no problem. Are you from River Island?

Ah cool!! I'm not but I saw the sign in their window today:) i think you have to apply online so check their website, the vacancies section:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Fresz19

Thanks a million!

No problem, best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Lister_Petter

As for a driving/delivery job - you do realise that you'll have to change your motor insurance class for this don't you? Normal car insurance will not cover you if you are driving for reward - i.e. driving as part of a job.
    If you crash while on a run, you will not be covered and will be personally liable for any damages you incur. You could also be prosecuted for driving without insurance if you are stopped while on a delivery etc.
    Most employers of this nature will askt that its your resonsibility to get your appropriate insurance as they are not interested in paying the cost. You are effectively a courier for them.

I advise agianst driving. Delivery work is absolute peanuts. When costs like fuel and wear and tear on the car are considered, you will have practically nothing out of it. Plus, driving deliveries in winter like now is suicide. Way too dangerous.
    Also, there is no minimum wage in this. You are paid per trip or per mile, and not very much. Its unpredictable.

My advice - get a job in a pub or shop. Department stores or hardware places like Woodies or Morris's are piss easy, stress free, no pressure jobs with minimum wage. Perfect for college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

supermacs in the square are looking for drivers part time. seen it during the week so hurry up you might be lucky dude. good luck with it.

Advertisement