Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading OS on tablet

Options
  • 18-11-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi,
    Thinking of buying a tablet. My question is can new versions of Android be downloaded? Say you have 3.1 and Google releases 4.0 - can the tablet's OS be updated to this new version so you're not stuck with the OS that came with the tablet originally?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

mate depends on what tablet you have. Its not working like you can find source codes download them and flash them to any tablet or android device. there must be a hard work behind it and unfortunately not all tablet are ready for upgrade - it must be heavily optimized - software vs hardware. if you tell me more about your model and current android system i can let you know what to do if there will be anything available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I've a Xoom, it came with 3.0 and now has 3.2, so yes some do get updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

danthefan wrote: »
    I've a Xoom, it came with 3.0 and now has 3.2, so yes some do get updates.

yeh u get official updates! i am talking about unoficial - supported by rom developers.

Advertisement