Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random question: Anyone know where I can buy bottles of Peppermint Cordial?

Options
  • 18-11-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hey guys!
    My mother is kinda sick and this seems to be helping her, but the local shop has stopped selling it, and places like Dunnes and Tescos don't sell it either!
    Its made by Finches.

I'm based in Athlone, so I'm just wondering if anyone knew anywhere nearby that I could by it, or even anywhere in Dublin or Galway that sells it?

May sound kinda stupid, but its actually kinda important, so any help would be greatly accepted!

Thanks for reading!
    :D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Any decent bar should be able to fix you up straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Hi there, I work in the hospital and we get peppermint water from the pharmacy, ask your pharmacist, it's not on prescription or anything, shouldn't be too expensive.

Failing that I would wager that Celtic Whiskey Store on Dawson St, Dublin has it, they do that Tessiere range of French cordials.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

I saw it the other day and I think it was in a Centra? Sounds very odd though :/

I can double check tomorrow if you need me to.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Whatsername92

Thanks to all that replied!
    None of the bars have it because its not something usually used as a mixer, but I'll defo double check some of em!

I never thought of the pharmacy but I'll follow that up!
    And I'll have a look in some centras outside the town tomorrow if I can! None of them in the town have it anyway!

Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Thanks to all that replied!
    None of the bars have it because its not something usually used as a mixer, but I'll defo double check some of em!

Try some 'auld fella's' bars.
    It was once very popular to order a whiskey with a drop of pep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Pearldust

Hi,
    I've just been diagnosed with IBS and advised to get this. The only place I could find it online was Amazon where it is costing nearly €20 by the time two 1,000 ml bottles by Schweppes will have been delivered which will take nearly a fortnight:eek:. If you find a better option will you let me know please? I thought M & S might have it but no joy. Thank you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

You should ask your local supermarket to get it in for you if they don't have it. My local Dunnes and Tesco do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭coffee to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Definitely Finches do it as a cordial, their lime is also the best lime around I think .. Over the counter Colpermin , a peppermint extract tablet, in pharmacies is also great for IBS

Advertisement