Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Stock - Sportswear. Where to source it?

Options
  • 18-11-2011 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of buying older (maybe 2009/2010/2011 season) Ireland (soccer & rugby) replica gear and bringing it to markets before Christmas.

The idea is that people won't want to pay more than €20 for a jersey, so if I can bulk buy for €10/€12 per unit I should be ok.

Any ideas on where this gear can be sourced?

I am thinking that every season there must be truckloads of jerseys and related sportswear which isn't sold, and I know that a lot of it goes onto 'sale' racks, but surely there must still be huge amounts unsold?!

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

hey Dave, how are you getting on with this idea?
    Cheers
    Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Thud

Would suggest asking TK Maxx, looks like they do this from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Nowt yet lads.

I'm checking Lovell Rugby and Soccer, Sports Direct and MandM Direct to see if there's anything of interest. I can see where I'd buy 6-7 pieces, but I'm not getting a worthy price - considering cost of delivery and the fact that I'd be looking for a price greater than that saught by competitors who're selling fake gear.

My idea would be to concentrate on kids jerseys and kits, I'd hope to sell a jersey for €10 or less and a kit for €15 or less. I obviously need the trade cost to be at a decent level to allow for that.

I've checked alibaba and aliexpress and may go down the 'non branded' route, but I actually would prefer to trade in genuine '09, '10 and '11 stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 beller10

hi i have genuine branded stock lots available you might be interested in. PM me and i can send you pictures etc,

cheers,

Advertisement