Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evolution And All That Jazz

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Don't know. He works in mysterious ways I suppose. ;)

That's not a cop out in any way, shape or form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

amacachi wrote: »
    That's not a cop out in any way, shape or form.
    I know. Straight to the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    Sir Frederick Hoyle (the British astronomer who coined the term “Big Bang” .
    The likelihood of the formation of life from inanimate matter is one to a number with 40,000 naughts after it... It is big enough to bury Darwin and the whole theory of evolution. There was no primeval soup, neither on this planet nor any other, and if the beginnings of life were not random, they must therefore have been the product of purposeful intelligence.(1981)

What an moronically ignorant statement that is. Darwinian evolution considers the origin of species, not the origin of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

strobe wrote: »
    As much as I like ants, they are fascist monarchists, not communists.

Really? I always looked upon the little buggers as communists.

Moar explanation please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Really? I always looked upon the little buggers as communists.

Moar explanation please!

The ultimate goal of communism is to lead towards a non-hierarchical society. Ant hierarchy is pretty much inalienable. Queen runs the show (monarchy) and everyone else is subservient.

From Wikipedia: Fascists seek to rejuvenate their nation based on commitment to the national community as an organic entity, in which individuals are bound together in national identity by suprapersonal connections of ancestry, culture, and blood.

Fascist monarchy. :(

I live in hope though that one day a common worker ant will risk it all and attempt to solidify the workers of the ant world in opposition to the unjust system. Unfortunately I suspect that they will rely heavily on the soldier ants to accomplish this. Then it seems somewhat tragically inevitable that there will be a mustachioed soldier ant in there somewhere who dreams only of becoming the defacto fascist monarchy himself, but will ride in on the concepts of communism until he is strong enough to make his move.

Ant Gulags... That's all I'm sayin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

hierarchical structure where no one individual is more important that any other except the queen and then not even her so much since they always have at least another couple of queens waiting to take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

378495-2001_ape_monolith_super.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Every life form on the planet evolves to suit the environment that it is living in. If it doesnt it will eventually die out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I don't think my head as every hurt so much after reading a thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

bleg wrote: »
    No. With this sentence you have shown a complete lack of knowledge or understanding about the theory of evolution.

Actually, it doesn't.

We are descended from both apes, and also prior to that - earlier primates which could be described as monkeys if they lived today.

I see absolutely no need to dispute that homo sapiens are descended from monkeys. We just aren't descended from modern monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I actually know somebody who doesn't believe in eveloution, needless to say we no longer talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BooShank

Needles to say......you took drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

strobe wrote: »
    I live in hope though that one day a common worker ant will risk it all and attempt to solidify the workers of the ant world in opposition to the unjust system. Unfortunately I suspect that they will rely heavily on the soldier ants to accomplish this. Then it seems somewhat tragically inevitable that there will be a mustachioed soldier ant in there somewhere who dreams only of becoming the defacto fascist monarchy himself, but will ride in on the concepts of communism until he is strong enough to make his move.

Ant Gulags... That's all I'm sayin'.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/audience.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Evolution means that Adam and Eve were black, and people wonder why the yanks hate the theory :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

RichieC wrote: »
    Evolution means that Adam and Eve were black, and people wonder why the yanks hate the theory :pac:

Good point, you gotta see how these people depict Jesus, you swear he was a hippy from Seattle...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Mice are the most intelligent life forms on the planet and are the inspiration for Fight Club apparently:
    Mice are the physical protrusions into our dimension of a race of hyperintelligent pan-dimensional beings who commissioned construction of the Earth to find the Question to the Ultimate Answer of Life, the Universe, and Everything. As such, they are the most intelligent life form on that planet.
    In their home dimension, a popular sport is Brockian Ultra-Cricket, a horribly violent game which involves hitting people for no readily apparent reason and then running away, before apologising from some distance - often through a megaphone. However, it is completely unrelated except in name to the earth sport of cricket.

Advertisement