Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So who else is changing every cent they have to Sterling next week?

• 18-11-2011 11:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

The Euro is fúcked. Let's call a spade a spade. Are you changing your bank savings into Sterling? The Norwegian Krone? Gold? Money in a safe in the house?

Or another?

Comments

If I had any Euro`s id join you, as it happens I dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Ain't got any!

Gold pressed latinum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Address PMed.

Safe with me OP.

If you have any Euro notes hold onto them, You will have something to burn on the fire when we no longer can afford home heating oil and gas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'm hysterical too.
    Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I putting my euros and pounds into the mattress business because that's where all the spare money is going under now instead of '' going under banks '' ...he he he .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Did that a few months ago but now I've got a load of £50 notes that are being fazed out, they issued a new £50 note

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Terry wrote: »
    I'm hysterical too.
    Yay!
    Yep, noticing the writing on the wall whilst trapped in a burning building with the Three Stooges in charge of the fire engine is truly being hysterical.

As for Sterling if the Euro goes the pound will take a hefty, if not fatal knock as well considering the exposure of the British banks and their reliance on trade with the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

I'm buying Zimbabwean dollars! I'm gonna be a billionaire! Yay for paper money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Yep, noticing the writing on the wall whilst trapped in a burning building with the Three Stooges in charge of the fire engine is truly being hysterical.

As for Sterling if the Euro goes the pound will take a hefty, if not fatal knock as well considering the exposure of the British banks and their reliance on trade with the EU.
    I'd listen to this guy, look at what he mods for god's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

HP touchpads, that's the future.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

PAGING SHINNERS TO BOARDS IMMEDIATELY-SHINNERS TO BOARDS IMMEDIATELY-IRISH PEOPLE LOVE STERLING-PAGING SHINNERS & EIRIGI ALSO:D

Why next week?

All the cool kids changed their cash months ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I'm putting all my money into what the Germans are using...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Pherekydes wrote: »

Gold teeth from the 1940's?

'' If loosing millions is good enough for Groucho Marx then it's good enough for me '' .

^ Only Groucho Marx himself might have said something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Why Sterling, they ain't exactly in the clear, the UK is a debt ridden state hence the Sterling has not risen significantly against the Euro. Gold is too expensive at the mo, perhaps sink your money into the Yen(they will recover) or Yuan and not the debt ridden dollar.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Don't be a sourkraut ...put it into property .The Germans were always fond of concentration holiday camps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Bitcoin, people! BITCOIN!!

• Advertisement

Why next week? Are the British invading again?

I guess I should prepare.
    <grabs top hat and monocle>

What what. Tally-ho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I'm picturing this.

And then, of course, the rise and rise of extreme fascism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Canadian dollars would be a safe bet I'd say. As far as I know their banks were good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I'm converting all mine into Septims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Put your money into apartments in Leitrim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I got loads of wood saw dust and shavings, buy it off me now for 10 euro per bag,. Next week, each bag will be worth thousands...i promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

gurramok wrote: »
    Why Sterling, they ain't exactly in the clear, the UK is a debt ridden state hence the Sterling has not risen significantly against the Euro. Gold is too expensive at the mo, perhaps sink your money into the Yen(they will recover) or Yuan and not the debt ridden dollar.

And they don't have debt issues ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

OP, burn all of your money, it will be worthless.

Or stop watching vincent browne and carry on, it'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Solnskaya wrote: »
    I'm buying Zimbabwean dollars! I'm gonna be a billionaire! Yay for paper money.

You've been had,

I got me some Trillion dollar notes,

Trillionaire Extraordinaire!

http://libertyledger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/zimbabwe_100_trillion_dollar_bill.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Myself, Jim Jones and David Koresh are really frightened.

We're planning on heading to Guyana.
    I have some guns and tins of beans. Are you with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

I'm buying German State Bonds personally. Unless Merkel turns out to have a perfectly rectangular black tashe covered under make up, my money is safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

You've been had,

I got me some Trillion dollar notes,

Trillionaire Extraordinaire!

http://libertyledger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/zimbabwe_100_trillion_dollar_bill.jpg
    ye flashy trillionaire baxters. Ye might have all the money, but are ye happy????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Terry wrote: »
    Myself, Jim Jones and David Koresh are really frightened.

We're planning on heading to Guyana.
    I have some guns and tins of beans. Are you with me?
    Nope, simply because your deluded (just like your fellow travelers) if you think that being seriously concerned about the way the Euro crisis is being managed is reason to mock and sneer.

You can stick around and drink the Euro cool-aid if you want but personally I'm not taking the chance that someone else maybe has a plan to tackle the problems, especially when it's my own (modest) life saving at stake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Solnskaya wrote: »
    ye flashy trillionaire baxters. Ye might have all the money, but are ye happy????????

I'll let you be the judge of that . . . .

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vngtpXeEEg0/TSykz1HPDII/AAAAAAAABBQ/GO1be6L7ivs/s1600/eba2afb4-fbee-420d-ba1c-e7f64b32cefc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Sterling? lol the brits are relaunching their 10p and 5p next month, a steel version, because the nickel-plated copper one they use now is worth more melted down for scrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm buying Aussie dollars! They're waterproof so I can make a boat from them when the euro finally goes under....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Wertz wrote: »
    Sterling? lol the brits are relaunching their 10p and 5p next month, a steel version, because the nickel-plated copper one they use now is worth more melted down for scrap.

Still safer than the Euro.

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Still safer than the Euro.
    I'm not sure about rest of Europe and I'm no fan of Cameron but that Merkal one would love to see the UK sink in the mire along with eveyone else and yes, Britian does rely on Europe for business and export but it would make it even more sweeter if the British can take back some of the powers from Brussels ...something they would do like a shot and with a stroke of the pen if they could tomorrow .

That Sepp Blatters a tool to :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

The British were proved correct in not joining the euro anyway.

Pity we joined ; it lead to our banks borrowing massively from Europe + our building boom etc.

If we had stayed with Sterling as we were for centuries we would not be in as bad a mess. We would have had more control over our interest rates. They were clearly too low for us 5, 6, 8 years ago but we were only 1% of the population of the eurozone so the germans told us to **** off, they were fixing the interest rates to suit themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I wish people would stop using the phrase 'drinking the cool-aid' if they're going to spell it incorrectly.

It's Kool-Aid.

With a 'K' not a 'C'.

God damn it. :mad:

I have a UK savings scheme, just banged a couple of years worth of payments across.
    I suspect that it'll all go tits-up over Christmas!
    A 30% devaluation of the An Punt Nua would have meant my payments going up by a third next year.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I wish people would stop using the phrase 'drinking the cool-aid' if they're going to spell it incorrectly.

It's Kool-Aid.

With a 'K' not a 'C'.

That's not cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭travnett

Swiss francs is what you all want to be buying. With the Swiss national bank looking at deflating their currency yet again in the next few weeks you could get some decent exchange rates...

AnonoBoy wrote: »

It's Kool-Aid.

With a 'K' not a 'C'.

I say old chap and not to become eurosceptic about it but I believe your in the wrong thread :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

woodoo wrote: »
    Put your money into apartments in Leitrim.

Bought a few apartments in Leitrim last week,but as I would like a diversified portfolio I only put 50% of my liquid cash assets into it.The question is now what to do with the other 100 euro!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

gigino wrote: »
    If we had stayed with Sterling as we were for centuries we would not be in as bad a mess. We would have had more control over our interest rates..

Unless you are speaking from the perspective of a neo-Unionist that statement really doesnt make much sense :confused:

If Ireland were still using (or was in a currency union with) sterling the Bank of England would be setting its interest rates.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Anyone who seriously considers listening to any financial advice offered on after hours should probably just give up on society and go live an animal life in some jungle throwing crap at predators until they get digested whole by a snake.

There might be a few I think most people would have the common sense and go into the financial threads to seriously look for advice .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

gufnork pounds, that's what you all want to put your money into. Incidently, has anyone else noticed that we're heading towards 2012?

The end is nigh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement