Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Management Software

Options
  • 18-11-2011 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking for a piece of software that can be bought of the shelf. Its purpose would be to book in print / design jobs, assign a reference ID say for example Bro0001. I would als be great to be able to put extra information to teh job, critical path, any corresponding emails. Also would be great to be able to print of reports every 6 months to see what what and where the jobs are coming from and how much time is been spent on them.

I am probably asking for a lot so I apologise! Any recommendations?

Thansk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Microsoft have software like this. Each project has a file which breaks the project into tasks and milestones. You can assign resources (labour or materials) to a task too, and produce a wide range of reports like gantt charts and resource usage reports etc

In case that sounds too much like a sales pitch theres also an open source version called OpenProj which has most of the features of the MS one

• Registered Users Posts: 4 deanolodge

We use a product called ProjectVision, not exactly off the shelf, but can be setup in no time. Reports are done in 4 clicks and have excellent resource management and dashboards for task. Its web based and all in one place because I found MS awkward doing different things in different programmes.

Try here maybe http://www.corasystems.com

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Advertisement