Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post "Sorry we missed you note"

Options
  • 18-11-2011 11:12pm
    Site Banned Posts: 67 ✭✭

... except you didn't - I was in, and I was upstairs working and saw you on my CCTV.

They posted a "Sorry we missed you" note - apparently I wasn't in when they tried to deliver my parcel and now I've to go to the depot on Monday.

Angle 1 (CLICK IMAGE TO PLAY):
    VIDEO DELETED

Angle 2 (CLICK IMAGE TO PLAY):
    VIDEO DELETED

Depot only around the corner so not pissed or anything, but seriously - why bother calling around to drop off the note? Just drop off the parcel instead! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mkegvn

Ha. That's gas. Make sure and send that to An Post. Lazy bunch eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Search on boards, this regularly happens with An Post, I've had it happen several times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Don't just send it to An Post, send it to the media.

It's ****ing sickening when that shít happens. If that gobshíte doesn't want to do his job then he can stay at home and let someone more deserving do it.

I mean ffs, two cars in the driveway and he still doesn't knock!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,932 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Superb! :D

OT - one CCTV camera is fair game... but two? :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 67 ✭✭Lemmewinks

I mean ffs, two cars in the driveway and he still doesn't knock!! :mad:

It's worse than that - think about it - he hopped out of his van with the slip in his hand & already filled in - he didn't even have a package with him to deliver!

I was going to go down to him, but I was on the phone & distracted - I also half assumed he was maybe delivering a letter, as I noticed something in his hand. Madness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I feel your pain, I get the same thing all the time where they keep leaving those notes in the postbox but I work from home so I'm always here. Cant get over them doing it to you in that video though as there are two cars in the drive so obviously someone home. Seriously, why not just ring the damn bell?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭padraig_f

mkegvn wrote: »
    Ha. That's gas. Make sure and send that to An Post. Lazy bunch eh?

It's not gas, it's ****ing annoying. You pay for postage to have something delivered, and then you have to spend extra time and fuel costs yourself to go and collect it because An Post are cutting corners. Nice one OP for catching it, I suspected it happened to me a few times as well but had no proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

"Your world. Available for collection between 10:00am and 5:00pm."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 DarylH

Two words, ****ing Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭afatbollix

This happened to me before, I chased after him with it, his response was that it was too heavy to carry around on his bike, and said to ring the depot to organise a redelivery. Anyway I rang his boss and he was fine with the guy not bringing around a 1 kg package.

Anyway I made them redeliver the next day and the post man made a huge deal of how he had to redeliver it. loads of gasping at the front door lifting the package out of his bag! Its just a stupid practice and I hope this goes to the media.

Do your shaggin job!

All it would take for a rumour to go around an post that this guy lost his job and most of them will pull up there socks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

what a chancer!! lovely camera footage :D

An post have changed things in Kildare over the past few months too.
    becuase they have a new distribution centre in Athy, they have taken the option to collect your parcel from the local post office

So now if you miss your delivery,
    You can only go to the distribution centre between 10-4 Mon to Fri,
    So in most cases leaves you screwed if you work 9-5 Mon to Fri and if its not collected within 3 days its returned to the sender

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

****ers, they did this to me recently, and did it again to someone else in the office this week. Depot is miles away. Had the same grief with Nightline recently except it was a pickup. He pushed the slip though the letter box while ringing the door bell and walked off back to the van. Driver drove off while one of the lads stood at the door waving at him!!

Then he had the cheek to ring and leave a snotty voicemail on my missus phone. She rang him back read him the riot act he was at the door 5 mins later and not so smart.

Straight to the media with that, An Phost whining about the drop in biz and there pulling this ****. Missed a registered letter recently. Instead of leaving it in the local post office they left it in one half an hour way....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I Throw my postie an aul niffty(€50) in the Christmas card every year , never had a problem missing parcels !

He will even leave them with the neighbor for me .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I Throw my postie an aul niffty(€50) in the Christmas card every year , never had a problem missing parcels !

Sucker.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Sucker.

The ol boy done the same thing at home , I appreciate a good service when I get it , and it has paid me back on many the occasion .

I run my own business from home and he has looked after a few bits for me over the years

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Parcels are delivered by separate crowd to the regular postie. A very unsurpised An Phost guy explained it to me when I asked him how to complain about this exact issue.

Was pissing myself laughing at the postman carelessly strolling in the second video. his facial expression said it all - HA!HA! f*cker!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

féckers used to do this to us. few years ago the parcel postie came around at like 6am. so the bugger decided he wasn't gonna ring or knock, he'd pre-write the slip and just stick it thru the door (course we were home). only thing is he carefully puts it through the letterbox with a small clatter, thinking he won't disturb us - queue the two dogs going ape****e, so we have been woken, but the postie buggers back in his van and driving off. so we get woken at 6am and can't even have our parcel :mad: oh and back in them days parcels could be collected next day never same day.

they did this to us several times. we complained. parcel postie comes after 10 these days, sometimes afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I can't view the videos. they've been moved or deleted asccording to photobucket

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Weird, I just watched it?

Brilliant catch OP, they've done that to us more than once. And the usual excuse of the poor overloaded postie on his bike doesn't wash here. You should ring them up and complain first, see what bull excuse they come back with, then send them the video.

And misdelivering stuff to the same number but wrong street - which reminds me, I've another official looking A4 envelope to deliver to some random stranger tomorrow because our postman can't read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,932 ✭✭✭✭Basq

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    I can't view the videos. they've been moved or deleted asccording to photobucket
    Both showing up fine for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

I don't, we seem to have a new postman every few months. That said, they'll leave packages/registered post with neighbours before bringing it back to the depot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I've reported this behaviour in the past myself.

I actually caught one postie as I was descending the stairs just putting the note in the door. "What are you doing I challenged" I was positive he came with the note and now your video proves it.

I've many of these and the times are premade ~ now there are a few genuine ones and we are noting some differences ~ this seems to be an An Post policy for some reason.

I'm sure you'll get more collaboration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

My 5' GF was collecting a heavy package from an An Post depot, the first thing the guy behind the counter said... "I'm not lifting it - I've a bad back". She had to in behind the counter and lift it out herself. Beyond that incredible level of customer service, the bit we couldn't figure out was what was a guy with a bad back doing in a job that involves some level of manual lifting and handling...

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Unreal stuff, thanks for posting.

I've been suspecting that they've been doing this to me for ages. My OH buys loads of stuff off ebay, and while I'm upstairs doing work in total silence almost every morning, I never hear the doorbell ring, yet I always find one of those notes waiting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Lazy fecker. In fairness I've never experienced anything like this but it's very annoying waiting for something and it doesn't come when you expect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

That is brilliant, OP!

Send that to news! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

My old postie in my previous abode was the business, he'd always try to deliver even coming back after his round to see if I was in.

Now it is hit and miss, a few years of always getting the slip which has been replaced by a lad who delivers everything but if I'm not there he'll leave it on the doorstep. Eh, can you stop doing that please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

you really cannot win with An Post,

we ordered stuff online which "luckily" for us was delivered, at 10am (usual delivery time for our area).

the catch?

he left the parcel on our path in plain view of anyone else in our park. anyone could have taken it, we were "lucky" there was torrential rain all that day, so no-one would want to take it,

and when we both got home after 6pm (so it was also left there for hours) that evening to find a soggy cardboard mess waiting there for us, needless to say we were not impressed :mad: again lucky for us what we ordered was plastic and waterproof but had it been a book it would have been destroyed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

I must say though. My old Postie in Ballinteer used to hammer on the door bell to wake me up. I was regularly ordering items from ebay and he would normally be delivering it before 7am.
    So i would be awoken by the door beel going crazy.
    That was very nice of him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement