Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Customer Service APPAULING

Options
  • 18-11-2011 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Absoloutely disgusted how i was treated today on the phone by Eircom 1901 consumer fixed line service. Told in so many words i was a 'liar' , i had called months back to cancel their line connection to move to another company, this was done within 7working days as per T&C's. CSR did not take note on my account of me calling them TWICE! and now im being punished by being threatened via letters to pay a €150 connection fee even though i was only with them for roughly 3days???? Well within their T&C's having called them and moved the line. Its not my fault their staff cant do their job, yet im being persecuted? CSR today would not let me talk to any higher member of the organisation as i was told to 'write a letter' to customer complaints but that 'they wont be able to do anything for you' well then whats the point, What am i supposed to do?? Shocked at how the CSR spoke to me on the phone and complete unwillingness to help find a soloution, basically 'no transaction, didnt happen', what? Are you calling me a liar? "well, i cant see any record of you calling so you musnt have". What to do? Having worked in call centre environments before im absoloutley shocked, we were always told the customer comes first and do everything you can to help them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You owe the €150 connection fee, if you move to another service provider. Did you cancel the phone line altogether?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 marshmellow

I most certainly did. As mentioned in my post i called twice and my new service provider moved the line within the allocated 7 days which Eircom are not disputing. they are saying they have no record of me calling which i did twice and can prove from my mobile call records. the fact that their support team didn't log my call in their records is beyond me and not my fault. The customer rep didn't give too hoots and didn't offer any support whatsoever to help me rectify the issue. I will never purchase any of their products ever again and will pursue the matter until the resolve it. Until then every one i know will hear how poor their service is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Absoloutely disgusted how i was treated today on the phone by Eircom 1901 consumer fixed line service. Told in so many words i was a 'liar' , i had called months back to cancel their line connection to move to another company, this was done within 7working days as per T&C's. CSR did not take note on my account of me calling them TWICE! and now im being punished by being threatened via letters to pay a €150 connection fee even though i was only with them for roughly 3days???? Well within their T&C's having called them and moved the line. Its not my fault their staff cant do their job, yet im being persecuted? CSR today would not let me talk to any higher member of the organisation as i was told to 'write a letter' to customer complaints but that 'they wont be able to do anything for you' well then whats the point, What am i supposed to do?? Shocked at how the CSR spoke to me on the phone and complete unwillingness to help find a soloution, basically 'no transaction, didnt happen', what? Are you calling me a liar? "well, i cant see any record of you calling so you musnt have". What to do? Having worked in call centre environments before im absoloutley shocked, we were always told the customer comes first and do everything you can to help them.

You should start a thread about this in the Eircom 'Talk To' forum - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1293

Mark it for the attention of Tony - he's an Eircom employee who works on that forum and helps with situations like yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I most certainly did. As mentioned in my post i called twice and my new service provider moved the line within the allocated 7 days which Eircom are not disputing. they are saying they have no record of me calling which i did twice and can prove from my mobile call records. the fact that their support team didn't log my call in their records is beyond me and not my fault. The customer rep didn't give too hoots and didn't offer any support whatsoever to help me rectify the issue. I will never purchase any of their products ever again and will pursue the matter until the resolve it. Until then every one i know will hear how poor their service is.

As far as I know, if you get your line connected with Eircom for free then move to another provider for telephone service you owe the connection cost, €150.

If you cancel the line within 14 days and go with NTL for example then they have to let you go as it is a credit agreement and comes under the consumer credit act.

If its any good, A few years ago, I cancelled my NTL 4 times, including 3 times by registered post.
    Always get the name of the person who takes you call.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@UglyBolloxFace Please don't tell posters to create another thread in another forum. This results in duplicate threads and clean up. Instead, please use the Reported Post functionality to let a mod know that the thread is in an incorrect forum and should be moved.

Moved to Talk to eircom.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 marshmellow

dudara wrote: »
    @UglyBolloxFace Please don't tell posters to create another thread in another forum. This results in duplicate threads and clean up. Instead, please use the Reported Post functionality to let a mod know that the thread is in an incorrect forum and should be moved.

Moved to Talk to eircom.

dudara

Thanks i can see you have moved it now but still no contact from Tony or any moderator in Eircom, i will now contact Eircom again via phone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi marshmellow,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay.

I am sorry to hear that you've had such a bad experience with Customer Care. Would you PM me with your eircom Account number /or home phone number/ so I can investigate this further.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rugbydude

Hi
    emailed customer complaints (EIRCOM) to which I got a reply that they would take up the issue within ten working days. After I think 12 days passed I again contacted them and was told that it was escalated to priority and that I would be contacted. Sounds good?? The later reply was on the 14th of December and I still have not heard from them. How are these coboys allowed to get away with such antics? Are they accountable to anyone? Useless, time-wasting, manipulative company!

Hi rugbydude,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Fourm on Boards.

This does sound highly unusual. Personally, I have only been dealt with in a professional manner by Customer Care, so I do apologise if you've had a bad experience.

Can you PM me with your home phone number, or eircom Account number, and I will investigate what you have said.

Kind regards,
    Ant
    rugbydude wrote: »
    Hi
    emailed customer complaints (EIRCOM) to which I got a reply that they would take up the issue within ten working days. After I think 12 days passed I again contacted them and was told that it was escalated to priority and that I would be contacted. Sounds good?? The later reply was on the 14th of December and I still have not heard from them. How are these coboys allowed to get away with such antics? Are they accountable to anyone? Useless, time-wasting, manipulative company!

Eircom have now logged the complaint again, with a view that it will be dealt with in ten days!!!!
    Does anyone out there know who they are regulated by?
    Once again, I reply useless, manipulative shower of s.....!!!

Ps Ant; if you are wondering why I am not PMing you...at this stage I am curious to see if the formal route shows whether or not Eircom have the competence to deal with this issue. I won't be surprised if they don't.

• Advertisement

rugbydude wrote: »
    Eircom have now logged the complaint again, with a view that it will be dealt with in ten days!!!!
    Does anyone out there know who they are regulated by?
    Once again, I reply useless, manipulative shower of s.....!!!

Ps Ant; if you are wondering why I am not PMing you...at this stage I am curious to see if the formal route shows whether or not Eircom have the competence to deal with this issue. I won't be surprised if they don't.

Appreciated rugbydude,

Let me know if you have any difficulties, or PM with details if no you feel you're getting no joy.

All the best,
    Ant

Oh....surprise, surprise I'm back again. I am now awaiting Eircom's latest email sent 14/01/12 of their intention to deal with a complaint.
    Can anyone tell me if their customer complaint department is;
    a) A computer automated service
    or
    b) An incompetent individual or team of individuals

Even better can someone advise me if these idiots can be tackled successfully

Advertisement