Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UMvC3 Irish Tournament Rule: Auto Super Jump ON or OFF?

Options
  • 18-11-2011 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭

Topic is self explanatory.

The Auto super jump option is under the system options, and can't be set player-by-player; it's either off for both, or on for both.

So we should probably decide on one standard, and have all our Xboxes set to that.

Pro On: It's nice to have, makes launcher combos one input easier

Anti On: Super jump follows aren't that hard anyway, and if you're used to naturally holding down buttons, you're going to auto-follow your launches even when you don't mean to

I'm pretty indifferent, but I'd like the actual Marvel players to weigh in on this now, instead of tomorrow at DoC for the sake of Voa's blood-pressure.

Auto Super Jump, On or Off? 1 vote

On
    0% 0 votes
    Off
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I would say off. Is it just for launcher follows? Or at other times?

But still off.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Is it set to On by default? I've heard it messes with combo timing and is just awful in general

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Off. It's an extension of simple mode really and messes with combos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Orim wrote: »
    Is it just for launcher follows? Or at other times?

Just launcher follows afaik.
    GorySnake wrote: »
    Is it set to On by default?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Bit of a pain that it's on by default.

Thought about it a bit more and as stated above I can see it messing with a lot combos. What if you have to delay your super jump after launcher to get the best combo? What then eh?

Definetely off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Off.

Switch simple mode off as well, stop someone picking it accidentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

DoC standard will be off.

God help you if I find it turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Off.

I can give a practical example; you catch an assist with a launcher, but not your main opponent. If you have auto super jump on, you'll go after the assist and leave yourself open to a mix up by the opponent, when all you wanted was to stay your ground and throw out a hyper for the un-techable assist to fall into.

Also because auto super jump ruins everything including family values, Odin's Beard, and the kitchen sink (it messes up your super jump trajectory).

I'll be bringing another copy of UMvC3 to the tourney. Just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

I've been playing it all day with it turned on (never bothered to check and turn it off). Once I turned it off it made a MAJOR difference. It's certainly something that needs to be off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

On a side note, I'd love to know the thinking behind this- did Capcom do some research and find people where having difficulty pressing up after hitting S?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

On ;)

Advertisement