Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veterinery products

• 18-11-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

We have a very high yearly vet bill each year. i was just wondering if there was anywhere in ireland that sells veterinery products striaght from the wholesalers. surly the vets must be making a huge profit with the cost of injections etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭warfie35

Henwin wrote: »
    We have a very high yearly vet bill each year. i was just wondering if there was anywhere in ireland that sells veterinery products striaght from the wholesalers. surly the vets must be making a huge profit with the cost of injections etc.

Same here Henwin,bill is 3k +, pay for all meds on the day, dearer if it goes on acount, dont think you can buy straight from wholesaler,open to correction
    heard some rumours of buying meds online from different countries,no expierence of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

If you're talking about prescription meds, I think buying online can be dodgy as products aren't always what they're advertised to be. There may be some reputable online pharmacies, but you'd need a prescription for them- and I'd imagine vet would charge for giving the prescription if you're not buying from him. Might be worth checking prices at other local vets and changing if there's massive differences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

I would say talk to your vet and explain if he or she doesnt stop extracting the Michael that you maybe taking your business elsewhere. markups are rather fat so they should have plenty of wiggle room, maybe try and get them to include phone consultation for free if your doing serious business with them. What is your spend per animal - beef or dairy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

stop extracting the Michael /QUOTE] lol:D

It depends on what you get. Some injections need to be administered by a certified vet, others can be by yourself.
    Also depends on how lenient your vet is. And how much he likes his yoyos...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭charityboy

I would say talk to your vet and explain if he or she doesnt stop extracting the Michael that you maybe taking your business elsewhere. markups are rather fat so they should have plenty of wiggle room, maybe try and get them to include phone consultation for free if your doing serious business with them. What is your spend per animal - beef or dairy?
    we do a good bit of phone consultation and our bill would be small ,our vet does not charge for this and he would get a land if he did just wondering do most vets charge for this

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

charityboy wrote: »
    we do a good bit of phone consultation and our bill would be small ,our vet does not charge for this and he would get a land if he did just wondering do most vets charge for this
    Im wondering the same, i never heard of vets charging for that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lizard_Moon

charityboy wrote: »

We don't charge for phone/shop consults, maybe we should :-)))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

Henwin wrote: »

depends on what your getting,
    as karen pointed out most vet meds are POM anything else you get in well stocked co-ops (dosing etc...) can you elaborate on what kind of call outs you have (number/reason) or what conditions your animals are being treated for - maybe it aint as bad as you would think?

Advertisement