Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student grants for NCEF course

Options
  • 18-11-2011 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I'm doing a NCEF level 6 course in UL and was granted a student grant from my local County Council.The council letter said go to the fees office so they can invoice me my fees back to me as I have already paid them but the NCEF office said I'm not eligible for this grant as they are only accredited to UL.
    Anyone any advice on what to do here as theres a nice few quid at stake which is badly needed.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

Yea that sounds right, NCEF are a private for profit training provider who are accredited by UL. So they wont be eligible for fees/grant coverage. If you had dont the NCEF via a plc course you'd probably have been covered by the grant but would still have had to pay fees of about €1200 to NCEF.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mmm76

Thanks for that.I may say goodbye to the few quid then and raid the piggy bank!

Advertisement