Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy an ePad?

• 19-11-2011 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi all,

Am looking into buying the Google ePad as a Christmas present and am quite wary about buying it online as I can't seem to find any legitimate sites selling it!

Anybody know of any stores selling them? PC World, Argos etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Please... Don't.

Chinese "ePads" are rubbish. A complete waste of money.

If you can stretch your budget a tiny bit further, I heard HMV were selling an Archos 101 Android tablet a while ago for €150. That would be a much better buy than an "ePad".

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

That bad, ehh?

I'm not looking for anything spectacular, really just something to surf internet/check email etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

That bad, ehh?

I'm not looking for anything spectacular, really just something to surf internet/check email etc.
    They're absolutely horrible. Most have old resistive touchscreens and 1 hour battery lives. The whole point of a tablet is portability and 1 hour battery life and portability don't go hand in hand.

If you can get the Archos 101 for €150 from HMV you'd be much better off imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

They're absolutely horrible. Most have old resistive touchscreens and 1 hour battery lives. The whole point of a tablet is portability and 1 hour battery life and portability don't go hand in hand.

If you can get the Archos 101 for €150 from HMV you'd be much better off imo.

Got mine from the Uk a bit back

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110721693056&category=171485&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_3037wt_1037

Happy out with it.. Like yourself its handy for checking the emails and web browsing..

Use it for watching a movie on a 2 hour bus journey every week..

Battery time is like 2.5 hours for me..

Resistive screen impressed me, much better than the resistive screened phones i used have..

Its nothing special and if you want to use it every day of every hour go spend big bucks.. but if its just for a few hours a week it does the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Thanks a million for your replies!

I still think I'll try to get a reasonably priced one in a store, simply for the returns guarantee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

If I was you, I would buy this one!!!

http://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/7in-capacitive-screen-android-2-2-tablet/1099236

Highly recommended by me!! (the seller)

Advertisement