Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baby shower

Options
  • 19-11-2011 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭

My friend is having a baby shower in Decemeber. She's due in January. Does anyone have any idea what kind of gifts are suitable for a baby shower? She doesn't know the sex of the baby and I intend to buy something for the baby when it is born but I don't want to go to the shower empty handed. Advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I will admit straight up I have never been to a baby shower but I think something practical like some bibs and muslin cloths or a couple of cellular blankets would be really handy! You can never have too many of those! Or maybe some mammy papering things! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jenniflower87

Hi Lizt, my friends threw me a baby shower and it was brilliant. They all made cakes and a few got me pressies. We had a great time, we pigged out on all different types of cakes and nibbles. The presents that i got, where hampers, memory box, hand and foot mould, shoes. The hamper had nappies, shower gel and bubble bath for me, vests and bibs in neutral colours for the baby and a blanket. I used everything, it was so practical and really appreciated.

If you want to wait and get something when the baby is born, I think if you baked something and brought it with you it is really a thoughtful gift and if she was anything like me, cake is your best friend! :)

Advertisement