Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ANDROID - FREE HELP HERE!! CHECK IT OUT

• 19-11-2011 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Guys i am offering free service - as android OS is my hobby and like to play with it and i like to people understand the unlimited options that android is bringing to you.

so what can i do for you?

1--Do you need upgrade system on your HTC, samsung or sony ericsson?
    i can help you out and honestly for free!!

2--I can help you with unlocking! for free! i need to know the model only ---> repeat its FREE!!!

3--Do you wanna root your device and add custom theme at your taste? i can help you out again for free

4--Help with Rooting --> HTC, samsung, SE - unlocking bootloaders + flashing new ROMS + i can explain the procedure to anyone who is interested and who wanna enter to world of android - i can also do it togheter with the person in my place - that next time you know what to do on your own. ---> FREE

5--Do you simple need advice what phone would be the best for you? Well, send me a pm and i will make you a short review of each device available on the market that may suit you!

6-- Do you think that your android phone is broken? or getting random reboots or freezening from time to time? let me have a look on it!( you can be next to me- again that you can understand the easy procedure)

and more things. only about android :)

Only dublin city area guys! :)

I will be happy to show you that everything is more easy then you think!! Dont pay to chinese shops or people to do the same job you can do yourself and for free!

So anyone interested in things above give me a pm.
    Availability is based on my free time - as this is a free service.

i can help also with galaxy TAB 10.1

Bikerguy - Ed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Good to see a fellow biker helping out here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

i am trying to open people minds :D

i came across a lot of forums where people are asking for help - or even paying for service that should be free.:)

Like upgrading system - adding language - unlocking - you can do this on the latest android phones yourself and for free with a little bit of knowledge.
    or solving any kind of troubles - not hardware :)

and dont get me wrong but i started on my own few years a go and i know the feelings - when you are stuck on booting logo and dont know what to do - you will pay any money to get everything back to normal as quick as you can - but this is the time where i come with free service and knowledge.

i will try my best and help people to udnerstand.

thanks mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

got my first smartphone during the week... may come back to you after i find my way around it better!

got my first smartphone during the week... may come back to you after i find my way around it better!
    you are welcome to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Hi BikerGuy,

Quick question, I have been living in Portugal for the last 7 months and I bought a BB and an android (http://www.tmn.pt/portal/site/loja/template.PAGE/menuitem.99faf5d49c1325597bd15b10751056a0/?javax.portlet.tpst=8c6fc77b5da404994130ec10751056a0_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_8c6fc77b5da404994130ec10751056a0_viewID=view_loja&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=token&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=token&vgnextoid=e87e5d0ddabcc210VgnVCM1000005401650aRCRD&vgnextchannel=4b5b16f6f5dcc010VgnVCM1000005401650aRCRD) and I was wondering about unlocking the android when I get home on tuesday. I know a place that will do my BB for ten euro but I'm worried they wont be able to do the TMN phone because they might not have seen it before seeing as its Portuguese branded. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Hi BikerGuy....

I'm in Cork,and will have a Samsung Europa that will need un-locking during the week...

Can you help Me by pm,or would I need to be in Dublin??

Thanks either way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Rooted Desire HD yesterday, Ace hack, Android Revolution rom installed, all working no problem but now ive a bitz & pieces of pesky unwanted Vodafone crud coming up, any idea how to eliminate it?
    Chas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Would you know how to unlock an Xperia play without a remote dongle?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

I rooted through this 'one click' method http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1319653

and I have dropped Villainrom 3 on my SD, now I cannot get into CWM Recovery to flash the zip and I can only get into Android System Recovery (blue writing)

Please could you advise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Technique

By 'Unlock', do you mean unlock from a network so that any SIM card can be used, or unlock the operating system (like jailbreaking)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

bogman wrote: »
    Rooted Desire HD yesterday, Ace hack, Android Revolution rom installed, all working no problem but now ive a bitz & pieces of pesky unwanted Vodafone crud coming up, any idea how to eliminate it?
    Chas
    Go into your mobile internet settings and delete the proxy number that's in there by default and the vodafone shyte be gone from the net :)

I rooted through this 'one click' method http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1319653

and I have dropped Villainrom 3 on my SD, now I cannot get into CWM Recovery to flash the zip and I can only get into Android System Recovery (blue writing)

Please could you advise
    Download rom manager from market. Open it and hit install rom from SD card then pick the rom. It should restart in recovery and install then.
    Or go into your settings and turn off fast boot. Then turn the phone off and when you go to turn it on again just hold volume down and press power button.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Download rom manager from market. Open it and hit install rom from SD card then pick the rom. It should restart in recovery and install then.
    Or go into your settings and turn off fast boot. Then turn the phone off and when you go to turn it on again just hold volume down and press power button.

Thanks. Didn't work though
    It has just gone into the android recovery screen after Installation aborted message ( E: failed to verify whole-file signature. Signature verification failed) so back to square one

Turning fast boot off?

Technique wrote: »
    By 'Unlock', do you mean unlock from a network so that any SIM card can be used, or unlock the operating system (like jailbreaking)?

If it's My question that your on about..Yes,,,un-lock from a network...

I have no idea about jailbreaking....etc...

siobhanoh wrote: »
    Hi BikerGuy,

Quick question, I have been living in Portugal for the last 7 months and I bought a BB and an android (http://www.tmn.pt/portal/site/loja/template.PAGE/menuitem.99faf5d49c1325597bd15b10751056a0/?javax.portlet.tpst=8c6fc77b5da404994130ec10751056a0_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_8c6fc77b5da404994130ec10751056a0_viewID=view_loja&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=token&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=token&vgnextoid=e87e5d0ddabcc210VgnVCM1000005401650aRCRD&vgnextchannel=4b5b16f6f5dcc010VgnVCM1000005401650aRCRD) and I was wondering about unlocking the android when I get home on tuesday. I know a place that will do my BB for ten euro but I'm worried they wont be able to do the TMN phone because they might not have seen it before seeing as its Portuguese branded. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

mate unfortunately i wont be able to help you out i am afraid. There is an app on android market called free unlock. give it a try. but i wont be able to go through the procedure with you mate. Sorry tho

SexyGuy wrote: »
    Hi BikerGuy....

I'm in Cork,and will have a Samsung Europa that will need un-locking during the week...

Thanks either way...

:) mate i am offering the help and service to explain the people how to do it them self - or in my house togheter with me. in your case you gotta be here in Dublin and i could show it to you. but give me sometime (about 3hours) and i will let you know what can i do. thanks

bogman wrote: »
    Chas

can you explain me what kind of pesky bitz and pieces are giving you trouble? a sim tollkit options? are oyu on vodafone network yourself or the phone was locked to vodafone previously. explain to me a bit more.

logic wrote: »
    Would you know how to unlock an Xperia play without a remote dongle?
    mate. if your play was locked by network provider that i thinkk it was - i wont be able to do so. :( bootloader needs the special tool to pass it. i can recomend you fella who does it for 15£ but thats all mate.

Please could you advise
    this is only root mate. not CWM. my recomendation will be flash it all over again. Stock - ROOT then CWM ---> then Villian mate. you cant hurt your phone dont worry.

its easy.

you have to be more exact. what rom have you been on before?

If it's My question that your on about..Yes,,,un-lock from a network...

I have no idea about jailbreaking....etc...

the phone has locked bootloader and in order to get it unlock you need the remote bundle. :( thats was ment to be the jailbreak.

• Advertisement

Bikerguy wrote: »
    this is only root mate. not CWM. my recomendation will be flash it all over again. Stock - ROOT then CWM ---> then Villian mate. you cant hurt your phone dont worry.

its easy.

you have to be more exact. what rom have you been on before?

Thanks again. I was not on a ROM prior I just bought it unbranded on Ebay and have some screenshots of my setup on the SGS2 modding thread.

so you think I should just go though the traditional Odin method? Is there any harm in effectively rooting it twice? I think I have the correct insecure Kernel etc. When you say Stock, do you mean flash a stock kernel onto it?
    Thanks and sorry for confusion

Thanks again. I was not on a ROM prior I just bought it unbranded on Ebay and have some screenshots of my setup on the SGS2 modding thread.

so you think I should just go though the traditional Odin method? Is there any harm in effectively rooting it twice? I think I have the correct insecure Kernel etc. When you say Stock, do you mean flash a stock kernel onto it?
    Thanks and sorry for confusion

well the root you posted is made for SE device not for galaxy s2 - they are running android but they arent the same. ODIN is only for samsung mate. but i will recommend you flash litenning rom with odin - you will have cwm in it already. then wipe factory with CWM and flash VILIAN - many people doing it so and also myself. perfect easy option. and flash litenning one of the oldest flashable with odin. its prerooted and include CWM. i hope you have SGS2 becaause this what i stated is only for SGS2

well the root you posted is made for SE device not for galaxy s2 - they are running android but they arent the same. ODIN is only for samsung mate. but i will recommend you flash litenning rom with odin - you will have cwm in it already. then wipe factory with CWM and flash VILIAN - many people doing it so and also myself. perfect easy option. and flash litenning one of the oldest flashable with odin. its prerooted and include CWM. i hope you have SGS2 becaause this what i stated is only for SGS2

Yep have SGS2. So just flash litening and take it from there? I don't need to be bothering with insecure kernels etc? Just flash litening on through Odin?

Yep have SGS2. So just flash litening and take it from there? I don't need to be bothering with insecure kernels etc? Just flash litening on through Odin?

no you dont need anything. just get odin and flash litening - one of the oldest --> that is flashable with odin - that include all you need --> root + CWM mate. then enter CWM wipe and flash your villian...easy and safe.

here you go - you have there also odin and flah the litening 2.0

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1095274

follow the thread and you have pics how to flash with odin...then just move your vilian to sd card enter CWM and wipe before mate + flash after..and enjoy

no you dont need anything. just get odin and flash litening - one of the oldest --> that is flashable with odin - that include all you need --> root + CWM mate. then enter CWM wipe and flash your villian...easy and safe.

here you go - you have there also odin and flah the litening 2.0

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1095274

follow the thread and you have pics how to flash with odin...then just move your vilian to sd card enter CWM and wipe before mate + flash after..and enjoy

that's great thanks a million. Up and running on VR now. Cheers!!

that's great thanks a million. Up and running on VR now. Cheers!!

but between you and me try kitchen rom - i found it much better then VR. but anyway i am glad i could help mate. thanks and enjoy

Hi BikerGuy....

Thanks either way...

what network are you on mate? i can only help you if you are locked to vodafone unfortunately. i can only do this for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

KIES keeps getting stuck on "Preparing Firmware Components" screen. I don't want to use ODIN as I am having trouble with my phone and I may return it yet, but I want to see if an update will solve it as it's a software based problem.

I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit and phone is Galaxy Ace. Do you know anything about this problem?

I've tried reinstalling KIES and reinstalling device drivers with no luck.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    KIES keeps getting stuck on "Preparing Firmware Components" screen. I don't want to use ODIN as I am having trouble with my phone and I may return it yet, but I want to see if an update will solve it as it's a software based problem.

I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit and phone is Galaxy Ace. Do you know anything about this problem?

I've tried reinstalling KIES and reinstalling device drivers with no luck.

Kies has already drivers inlcuded so you dont need to reinstall them. once you reinstall the kies it should be ok. iF its not mate i will strongly recommend you bring back the phone - troubles with phone may cause more issues in the future - unable to update. If there is something that you suspect is not right and you are still on warranty i would bring it back and let the responsable people do them job for free. warranty is always good to use and if there is something going on already you never know what it could be and in my experience trying to resolve something that i dont know will bring more troubles.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Kies has already drivers inlcuded so you dont need to reinstall them. once you reinstall the kies it should be ok. iF its not mate i will strongly recommend you bring back the phone - troubles with phone may cause more issues in the future - unable to update. If there is something that you suspect is not right and you are still on warranty i would bring it back and let the responsable people do them job for free. warranty is always good to use and if there is something going on already you never know what it could be and in my experience trying to resolve something that i dont know will bring more troubles.. :)

I've had the phone since March 10th. I got it replaced once already but the second device had the same problem (Wifi won't always turn on). Some google results say that the problem is solved with the update but I haven't been able to.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I've had the phone since March 10th. I got it replaced once already but the second device had the same problem (Wifi won't always turn on). Some google results say that the problem is solved with the update but I haven't been able to.

if your phone is stock - i mean you didnt adjust or change any system settings - you are covered by warranty. and then i will recommend you to go to store and ask them to show you how to update or explain them the problem you have. Or if you have a chance - do this

1. switch off your antivirus programm during your update process - or before you run kies.
    2. try to use another PC - laptop

if any of theese options wont work - honestly bring it back! and blaim them. manufacter shouldnt release device like this stating that all is ok.

i feel for you - but once its in warranty i woudlnt play with it. just try to switch off antivirus and second try to use another pc only with kies installed.

best of luck mate

what network are you on mate? i can only help you if you are locked to vodafone unfortunately. i can only do this for you.

The phone is locked to "Three"....

Thanks very much for the advice anyway...

And,,fair dues to you for offering to help others...Not much of that around for free these days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Hi. I installed some updates on my Vodafone Smart today.Since I've done this the music app will not work.Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭big dan

I rooted my Desire the other day with Unrevoked, and s-off with Alpharev. I tried to partition the SD with Gparted, however my laptop (Acer, Windows 7, 64bit) screen turns off during the CD booting up, but the laptop is still running.
    Any ideas on what I can do?
    Cheers.

big dan wrote: »
    I rooted my Desire the other day with Unrevoked, and s-off with Alpharev. I tried to partition the SD with Gparted, however my laptop (Acer, Windows 7, 64bit) screen turns off during the CD booting up, but the laptop is still running.
    Cheers.

big dan mate...i have a bad news. its most likely that your phone has been bricked. it happend to me once and there was nothing i could do. are you able to enter hboot mode with phone? holding volume button down + power button?

Ed

• Advertisement

Hi. I installed some updates on my Vodafone Smart today.Since I've done this the music app will not work.Any ideas?

yeh ideas are. try to update once again. this was an oficial fail and you can use your manufacter warranty mate.

yeh ideas are. try to update once again. this was an oficial fail and you can use your manufacter warranty mate.

Thanks Bikerguy. I'm not very techy,so how do I update again?Do I have to do a factory reset? is there a system restore I can do or something? I'll fiddle with it here a while anyway.

Thanks Bikerguy. I'm not very techy,so how do I update again?Do I have to do a factory reset? is there a system restore I can do or something? I'll fiddle with it here a while anyway.

yeh i was just thinking about it mate.

1. try this factory resset as you stated before
    2 then try the update - the same way as you did before
    3. if it will say upto date - or something like no update available you wont be able to do downgrade it yourself.
    4. also check after factory resset if the music app is working.
    5. go to vodafone store and ask them for warranty.

can you explain me what updates did you do and how? it may be something simple - like you downloaded another player that is forcing your current to stop working.

yeh i was just thinking about it mate.

1. try this factory resset as you stated before
    2 then try the update - the same way as you did before
    3. if it will say upto date - or something like no update available you wont be able to do downgrade it yourself.
    4. also check after factory resset if the music app is working.
    5. go to vodafone store and ask them for warranty.

can you explain me what updates did you do and how? it may be something simple - like you downloaded another player that is forcing your current to stop working.

To be honest I didn't notice what the updates were, but they were not for another player. They were just Vodafone updates but I'm not sure what they specifically related to.
    I'll do the factory reset and get back to you.Thanks for the advice.

If you can flash then the standard music app is more than likely on XDA.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Herself has the Galaxy S which is water damaged. Fonemenders sent a pic of the mainboard which shows a white surface around the board. The phone is just sluggish. Is it worthwhile doing anything to it? It partly functions and while it might not be repairable, maybe valuable still to someone?

yeh its worth to bring it to fm phone repair shop on george street - Dublin. they can do miracles for amazing price. i have used them few times - screen replacement + speaker fault + and also water damage.

it may need motherboard replacement or maybe only a proper cleaning. its worht a shot mate - they wont charge you anything for check. just ask them how much it will cost and what it will need.

if its running and its only a bit slugish it shoudlnt be a big deal i believe.

and its still a good phone. a bit of software changes can make it fast as light. :)

if you dont wanna the device or if you wanna try flashing new software i can help you out. make you a quide how to do so or do it for you in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi bikerguy , is there one method to root all Android phones, or is the method different per phone - Andriod ver etc

If I want to uninstall some the bloatware (which currently does not have the uninstall option, is rooting the way to do this)

I have a Acer Liquid Metal Android 2.3.6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭big dan

big dan wrote: »
    Cheers.

big dan mate...i have a bad news. its most likely that your phone has been bricked. it happend to me once and there was nothing i could do. are you able to enter hboot mode with phone? holding volume button down + power button?

Ed

Ah no, the phone is fine. It's my laptops screen that switches off, during the cd booting up, but the laptop itself is still running. Nothing happens to the phone at this stage. It happens before I even get a prompt to do anything. Just wondering if there is another way to partition or if I should try an older version of Gparted.

To be honest I didn't notice what the updates were, but they were not for another player. They were just Vodafone updates but I'm not sure what they specifically related to.
    I'll do the factory reset and get back to you.Thanks for the advice.

Factory reset sorted it. Thanks Bikerguy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭dec2000

Hi Guys,

The Gf had a wildfire S locked to 3, is it possible to simunlock or do I need a XTC clip / buy code online?

From what i can see, the bootloader is locked and no plans from HTC to unlock like they did with the sensation?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭quietone

Hiya,

I recently bought an Android tablet for my dad for christmas. I got it on the internet on a deal. The tablet is from China. I tried to connect my Meteor 3g dongle the other day but it does not connect. My Meteor 3g dongle works fine on my laptop, its just the tablet wont recognise it even though the table does support my dongle.
    The tablet connects to WIFI no problem but i dont have WIFI in my house and want to make sure everything is working on it properly before i give it to my dad.
    Has anyone any ideas on how to fix this problem. When im trying to connect to the internet the settings im using are

APN: broadband.mymeteor.ie and ive also tried data.mymeteor.ie
    No is *99#
    Username and password are blank.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

dec2000 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

The Gf had a wildfire S locked to 3, is it possible to simunlock or do I need a XTC clip / buy code online?

From what i can see, the bootloader is locked and no plans from HTC to unlock like they did with the sensation?

Xtc clip is your only option, Chinese shop facing Fibbers on Parnell street, 20 quid, I got mine done there....

dec2000 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Unlock sim the shop stated above... Btw sensation is easy cake to unlock the bootloader as wildfire shlould be mate

quietone wrote: »
    Hiya,

I recently bought an Android tablet for my dad for christmas. I got it on the internet on a deal. The tablet is from China. I tried to connect my Meteor 3g dongle the other day but it does not connect. My Meteor 3g dongle works fine on my laptop, its just the tablet wont recognise it even though the table does support my dongle.
    The tablet connects to WIFI no problem but i dont have WIFI in my house and want to make sure everything is working on it properly before i give it to my dad.
    Has anyone any ideas on how to fix this problem. When im trying to connect to the internet the settings im using are

APN: broadband.mymeteor.ie and ive also tried data.mymeteor.ie
    No is *99#
    Username and password are blank.

Thanks

I have no idea mate. I do not have any experience with chinese tablets therefore i cant give you some ideas. ;(

• Advertisement
Advertisement