Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ANDROID - FREE HELP HERE!! CHECK IT OUT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Factory reset sorted it. Thanks Bikerguy.

Happydays mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭quietone

Bikerguy wrote: »
    I have no idea mate. I do not have any experience with chinese tablets therefore i cant give you some ideas. ;(

No bother thanks;)

big dan wrote: »
    Ah no, the phone is fine. It's my laptops screen that switches off, during the cd booting up, but the laptop itself is still running. Nothing happens to the phone at this stage. It happens before I even get a prompt to do anything. Just wondering if there is another way to partition or if I should try an older version of Gparted.

I did it the way that is on xda mate it worked. But people are experiencing some fails - my recommendation will be tryit with another pc. ;(

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi bikerguy , is there one method to root all Android phones, or is the method different per phone - Andriod ver etc

If I want to uninstall some the bloatware (which currently does not have the uninstall option, is rooting the way to do this)

I have a Acer Liquid Metal Android 2.3.6

Unfortunately i am not a developer mate but i believe there will be a way. But maybe not as simple as you would experience with samsung or even any well known brand- i am on mobile now so cant really go through web and check it out. Google must be your friend
    In this case.

And every device need different way..some has locked bootloaders like Sony ericsson + htc..and some not samsung etc. Root can be obtained but only when the device allow you to make changes in system - android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

quietone wrote: »
    Hiya,

I recently bought an Android tablet for my dad for christmas. I got it on the internet on a deal. The tablet is from China. I tried to connect my Meteor 3g dongle the other day but it does not connect. My Meteor 3g dongle works fine on my laptop, its just the tablet wont recognise it even though the table does support my dongle.
    The tablet connects to WIFI no problem but i dont have WIFI in my house and want to make sure everything is working on it properly before i give it to my dad.
    Has anyone any ideas on how to fix this problem. When im trying to connect to the internet the settings im using are

APN: broadband.mymeteor.ie and ive also tried data.mymeteor.ie
    No is *99#
    Username and password are blank.

Thanks

Try these APN settings, I had an awful time changing mine from Voda to Meteor....

Name this APN - Meteor Internet

* APN: wap.mymeteor.ie
    * Proxy: 010.085.085.085
    * Port:8799
    * Username: my
    * Password: meteor
    * Server: http://wap.mymeteor.ie
    * MMSC: mms.mymeteor.ie
    * MMS proxy: 010.085.085.085
    * MMS port:8799
    * MCC: 272
    * MNC: 03
    * APN type: default

Go to menu, and sav - This will bring you back to the APN menu

Press Menu again and select new APN
    Name this Meteor mms and add the following settings:

* APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    * Proxy: 010.085.085.085
    * Port: 8799
    * Username: my
    * Password: mms
    * Server: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    * MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    * MMS proxy: 010.085.085.085
    * MMS port: 8799
    * MCC: 272
    * MNC: 03
    * APN type: mms

Press menu and save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Unfortunately i am not a developer mate but i believe there will be a way. But maybe not as simple as you would experience with samsung or even any well known brand- i am on mobile now so cant really go through web and check it out. Google must be your friend
    In this case.

And every device need different way..some has locked bootloaders like Sony ericsson + htc..and some not samsung etc. Root can be obtained but only when the device allow you to make changes in system - android.
    Hey bud I know you're trying to help but....
    The majority of android phones out now can be unlocked.
    The carrier doesn't come into it.
    Good man for offering help but I honestly don't think by some of your answers, that you should be offering help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

seanybiker wrote:
    Good man for offering help but I honestly don't think by some of your answers, that you should be offering help.

Yeah, the whole forum offers "free advice" so to create your own thread offering your "services" seems a bit pompous really.

The combined minds here already can, and do, solve most problems with ease anyway so a lone voice is not much use to be honest.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Hey bud I know you're trying to help but....
    The majority of android phones out now can be unlocked.
    The carrier doesn't come into it.

lol you dont think with "some of my answers"? answer them on better way and join me here instead of thinking about me!

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Yeah, the whole forum offers "free advice" so to create your own thread offering your "services" seems a bit pompous really.

The combined minds here already can, and do, solve most problems with ease anyway so a lone voice is not much use to be honest.

another smelling troll. mate if you have nothing constructive to say then dont please. if you have something that may help people then join me and correct my answers.

Best regards

• Advertisement

Ok mate, sorry mate, good luck with your advice clinic mate (which is usually you saying "Try Google". Mate.)

:rolleyes:

lol you dont think with "some of my answers"? answer them on better way and join me here instead of thinking about me!
    I do help on here. Questions all over the forums all the time being answered.
    Fair play to you and all for offering the help but most people just look around the forums. Keep up the work anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I have a question ...

I thought it was a very helpful and gesture by the OP incidentally

but my question...

What is the cheapest phone I can watch flash content on ? I want to watch rteplayer and filmon etc. Any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

Ok mate, sorry mate, good luck with your advice clinic mate (which is usually you saying "Try Google". Mate.)

:rolleyes:

He sorted out my problems straight away and I actually learned something from it...........it is Ireland though i guess knocking people first is the default action.:rolleyes:

There are hundreds of other problems that have been solved easily by other people here - what's the point of one individual pimping themselves? :confused:

It's supposed to be a forum for everyone - not some fella trying to show off his knowledge (which is not looking that impressive at the moment anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

There are hundreds of other problems that have been solved easily by other people here - what's the point of one individual pimping themselves? :confused:

It's supposed to be a forum for everyone - not some fella trying to show off his knowledge (which is not looking that impressive at the moment anyway).

I appreciate that but surely the more help the better, whatever source it comes from? He isn't asking for a huge amount in return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AndyGarcia

Where abouts in Dublin are you?

I have a HTC Desire HD and a couple of times a day it just freezes for 2 seconds and then restarts its a pain in the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 justant

Hi. Samsung galaxy S2 usere here. For some reason my fone has stopped refreshing my media library so now i cant get my music and pics unto the picture gallery and music player. Very frustrating. What can i do or any way around it??? Pls HELP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭k123456

I think you are out of order here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

hi, i was wondering could you help me. Is there an android dialer that doesnt show your previous call history. I had an x10 and the dialer was fine, just a keypad and nothing else. I switched to HTC a while ago and the dialer shows ur previous calls and contacts. I hate the look of it. Ive searched the market for something different but to no avail. any ideas wud be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

alanc2003 wrote: »
    hi, i was wondering could you help me. Is there an android dialer that doesnt show your previous call history. I had an x10 and the dialer was fine, just a keypad and nothing else. I switched to HTC a while ago and the dialer shows ur previous calls and contacts. I hate the look of it. Ive searched the market for something different but to no avail. any ideas wud be greatly appreciated

You'll need to root and change ROM if you want a different look and feel dialler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

draffodx wrote: »
    You'll need to root and change ROM if you want a different look and feel dialler.

Thanks, i am rooted and using the insertcoin rom. great rom, but it uses the sense dialer as do most sensation roms. i though there might be a vanilla android dialer available to download. it appears not tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭podrisco

Hi, I posted this query a while back but didn't get a solution to my problem. Do you have any ideas? Basically what I want to know is how de-branding with a Gold Card effects things if you want to go downgrade back to a stock image. Thanks ---
    I have an O2 HTC Desire that I de-branded using a Gold Card and has Android 2.3.3 installed. Bootloader is 1.02.0001. Constantly getting low memory warnings and have to clear caches on apps to free up memory. Is it possible to downgrade to 2.2 even if I have to re-brand? Not interested in rooting at the moment, at least until I am out of contract with O2. Any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I use my 3g hotspot on android to game online with ps3. The consoles Nat is set @ 3 and I need to change this. I've been following an internet guide for this but my next step is to open certain ports on my router or in my case, android smartphone. How do I do that?

draffodx wrote: »

Does Go not have a dialler? Think you need the Go phonebook though, not 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Hi. I'm having a few problems with my htc desire.

I recently installed gingervillain 3.3. Before I did this I followed this guide and installed a 1GB ext 4 partition.

However this can't be read by the phone. I went into terminal and entered
    su
    a2sd cachesd

Which is supposed to enable a2sd. But I get an error message of "ext partition not mounted".

Oh I changed my kernel to 3.1 HAVS just to see if that would help. But it didn't.

The other problem I'm having since I did my last tinkering is that my usb speed has seriously slowed down. Not sure if this is connected or not but its starting to piss me off.

Only other thing that's annoying me is that my system clock is constantly running fast. But I "solved" that problem by installing ClockSync and have it fix the time every 30 minutes. Otherwise the phone clock will run 5 minutes fast every hour.

Hi. I'm having a few problems with my htc desire.

I recently installed gingervillain 3.3. Before I did this I followed this guide and installed a 1GB ext 4 partition.

However this can't be read by the phone. I went into terminal and entered
    su
    a2sd cachesd

Which is supposed to enable a2sd. But I get an error message of "ext partition not mounted".

Oh I changed my kernel to 3.1 HAVS just to see if that would help. But it didn't.

The other problem I'm having since I did my last tinkering is that my usb speed has seriously slowed down. Not sure if this is connected or not but its starting to piss me off.

Only other thing that's annoying me is that my system clock is constantly running fast. But I "solved" that problem by installing ClockSync and have it fix the time every 30 minutes. Otherwise the phone clock will run 5 minutes fast every hour.

Have you got your SD partitioned and formatted to FAT32 for the main stuff and a partition of EXT 3 or EXT 4 ?

That is the only way App2SD will work!

I used Minitool Partition Wizard Home Edition to do so!

Then try your prompt in Terminal and it should work...

Another handier way of doing this is if you have clockwork recovery installed you can partition the SD card directly from there.... (backup first!)

Also have a goo at this, may get your head around it....

http://therootofallevo.com/2011/04/10-step-guide-properly-set-darktremors-a2sd/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Hi, having a very annoying problem with my htc wildfire screen completely locks when i get an incoming call quite often and refuses to respond to tap.

Hi, having a very annoying problem with my htc wildfire screen completely locks when i get an incoming call quite often and refuses to respond to tap.

If its a Wildfire S its a common issue, had it myself which I thought was from rooting, I have put the latest euro software on it over on XDA (not sure if you need s-off) 2.3.5... and I can't seem to replicate the issue with new lockscreen, only on 2 days but ill monitor it...

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

Really strange problem with my wife's nexus, her camera has just stopped working, she was switching it between rear and front camera and the screen went blank, and she just gets an error message the application camera (process com.google.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. And that's it..nothing

The phone has had nothing done to it, not rooted and is running android 2.3.6

It is recently back from a screen repair from Vodafone for a dead pixel.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Really strange problem with my wife's nexus, her camera has just stopped working, she was switching it between rear and front camera and the screen went blank, and she just gets an error message the application camera (process com.google.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. And that's it..nothing

The phone has had nothing done to it, not rooted and is running android 2.3.6

It is recently back from a screen repair from Vodafone for a dead pixel.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Backup the apps and factory reset it?

May be your only option if you are not rooted....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

why cant I see data on my external SD card? I can see the card in storage settings but when I try to browse the directories using Astro, the data doesn't show up :confused:

running SG2 with Cyanogen 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭bop1977

Hi. I'm trying to root a galaxy Europa with superoneclick but it keeps asking me for Samsung USB drivers. Where can I get them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I fixed the ext4 partition not being mounted problem. Think I Accidentally wiped it it by formatting the card from the phone menu. Stupid me.

However I'm still having problems writing to the sd card when connected through the phone.

When I connect the card through an adapter I get :

Sequential Read : 11.010 MB/s
    Sequential Write : 5.358 MB/s

And connected through the phone I get:

Sequential Read : 10.579 MB/s
    Sequential Write : 0.705 MB/s

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭stonybroke

Can you help me unlock a Samsung galaxy S2

stonybroke wrote: »
    Can you help me unlock a Samsung galaxy S2
    Root it and download Samsung umlocker from market. Supposedly its that easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 02mh

ive got a htc hd2 running windows:(and i was wondering is there anybody who can install icecream sandwich/android 4.0 i have followed all the instructions on the net (android forms) but im a little chicken:o and wont go throught with it incase i feck it up,i live in dunshaughlin but i can travel around to meet up with anybody that could do it,i would be will to pay for your time and efforts;)

pm me if your interested
    regards
    greg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Android on a Windows phone? Wonder can it be done cleanly???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Android on a Windows phone? Wonder can it be done cleanly???

You can have Android or Windows Phone 7 on a HTC HD2 iirc. It's one of the few WinMo 6.5 phones out there with a half-decent spec.

You can have Android or Windows Phone 7 on a HTC HD2 iirc. It's one of the few WinMo 6.5 phones out there with a half-decent spec.

yea and ive seen android 4 running on it with great success just need to get it on to it:o, dont get me wrong the windows program is not bad, but it just doesnt utilise the the phone to it best capabilities and there is also a lot of useless stuff on it:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Hi,

Have you installed ICS on any android phones?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Hi- do u know much about android on a HP Touchpad?

old_aussie wrote: »
    Hi,

Have you installed ICS on any android phones?

Thanks

no

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭rcazzy

Just got an Xperia Play on eBay, but it's locked to the Vodafone network. In terms of unlocking, is there any quick solution as opposed to waiting 4 weeks for a code? (I don't even have a Vodafone sim.)

Bootloading unlock isn't allowed judging by the phone's info.

rcazzy wrote: »
    Just got an Xperia Play on eBay, but it's locked to the Vodafone network. In terms of unlocking, is there any quick solution as opposed to waiting 4 weeks for a code? (I don't even have a Vodafone sim.)

Bootloading unlock isn't allowed judging by the phone's info.

Try www.fastgsm.com. Costs 20US dollars. They do it via email in about 30 mins. Saves a lot of messing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

Try www.fastgsm.com. Costs 20US dollars. They do it via email in about 30 mins. Saves a lot of messing.
    I've had nothing but problems trying to get a refund off FastGSM. found their customer service terrible and the chap who runs the facebook page to be ignorant. He sent me a message which I never got (until I searched my inbox and went into his last message, came out and went in again - some bug on fb) and was more than ignorant about it stating that the problem couldn't be on their side as they were using such and such a server. Saw arond Christmas that their Server was down and all I could do was laugh. Never again will I use them.

They still owe me a tenner too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

siobhanoh wrote: »
    Hi BikerGuy,

Quick question, I have been living in Portugal for the last 7 months and I bought a BB and an android (http://www.tmn.pt/portal/site/loja/template.PAGE/menuitem.99faf5d49c1325597bd15b10751056a0/?javax.portlet.tpst=8c6fc77b5da404994130ec10751056a0_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_8c6fc77b5da404994130ec10751056a0_viewID=view_loja&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=token&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=token&vgnextoid=e87e5d0ddabcc210VgnVCM1000005401650aRCRD&vgnextchannel=4b5b16f6f5dcc010VgnVCM1000005401650aRCRD) and I was wondering about unlocking the android when I get home on tuesday. I know a place that will do my BB for ten euro but I'm worried they wont be able to do the TMN phone because they might not have seen it before seeing as its Portuguese branded. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thats a zte blade, also known as orange sanfrancisco, hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just seen this thread, pretty win.

gg OP.

G S R wrote: »
    I've had nothing but problems trying to get a refund off FastGSM. found their customer service terrible and the chap who runs the facebook page to be ignorant. He sent me a message which I never got (until I searched my inbox and went into his last message, came out and went in again - some bug on fb) and was more than ignorant about it stating that the problem couldn't be on their side as they were using such and such a server. Saw arond Christmas that their Server was down and all I could do was laugh. Never again will I use them.

They still owe me a tenner too!

Did you do a chargeback on your card?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

Hi could u help me wit an issueim having wit archos 70 mainly im not very technical and anything likeupgrade or games ive tried to instll are seemingly still just arrows on top left of the screen any help appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭branners69

Hey,

am having a bit of a nightmare with a Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. My dad got a free upgrade from 02, he gave to my wife as he likes his Nokia C7.

So I got my hands on it and it all went pear shape from there! I tried to unlock it from 02 so she could use her Vodafone sim. It seemed to go ok, I ran an update.zip file which rooted the phone. Then it seemed to accept the sim. But after a couple of days she was having problems, could not make or receive phone calls. I noticed the IMEI was just a load of zeros. So I tried to change the rom to a stock rom but since then all I am getting is "No Service", and the IMEI is unknown!

Would you know of a stock rom which would get rid of the "No service" and is there any way to repair the IMEI?

Thanks a million,

Branners

• Advertisement
Advertisement