Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ANDROID - FREE HELP HERE!! CHECK IT OUT

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

branners69 wrote: »
    Hey,

am having a bit of a nightmare with a Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. My dad got a free upgrade from 02, he gave to my wife as he likes his Nokia C7.

So I got my hands on it and it all went pear shape from there! I tried to unlock it from 02 so she could use her Vodafone sim. It seemed to go ok, I ran an update.zip file which rooted the phone. Then it seemed to accept the sim. But after a couple of days she was having problems, could not make or receive phone calls. I noticed the IMEI was just a load of zeros. So I tried to change the rom to a stock rom but since then all I am getting is "No Service", and the IMEI is unknown!

Would you know of a stock rom which would get rid of the "No service" and is there any way to repair the IMEI?

Thanks a million,

Branners

Go to Samfirmware.com and find a stock ROM and look up how to flash it via Odin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

draffodx wrote: »
    Go to Samfirmware.com and find a stock ROM and look up how to flash it via Odin.

I have done, the only Ireland rom is for Meteor, I even installed that to see what would happen and the "No Service" message was still there.

Is there any custom roms I could try that work in Ireland?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

branners69 wrote: »
    Hey,

am having a bit of a nightmare with a Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. My dad got a free upgrade from 02, he gave to my wife as he likes his Nokia C7.

So I got my hands on it and it all went pear shape from there! I tried to unlock it from 02 so she could use her Vodafone sim. It seemed to go ok, I ran an update.zip file which rooted the phone. Then it seemed to accept the sim. But after a couple of days she was having problems, could not make or receive phone calls. I noticed the IMEI was just a load of zeros. So I tried to change the rom to a stock rom but since then all I am getting is "No Service", and the IMEI is unknown!

Would you know of a stock rom which would get rid of the "No service" and is there any way to repair the IMEI?

Thanks a million,

Branners

Pretty sure that when you lose the IMEI, it cannot be recovered and the device has to be sent to Samsung.

Some reading material about IMEI problems with Ace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Help - think I may have fecked up my HTC Desire. Read up some stuff and did the s-off with revolutionary but for some reason, everytime I try to root my phone, it kept saying that it wouldn't work cos the version on phone was newer. I was on Android 2.3.

Then I downloaded the CM 7 zip & put it on my SD card. Went through these stages of installing http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/HTC_Desire_(GSM):_Full_Update_Guide and installed the zip. Rebooted the phone & now all I get is the Cyanogen(mod)7 logo coming up on my phone & that is all - I can't do anything else. Is it still setting up or what? It has been like this the last half hour.
    All help/suggestions appreciated :)

Ok I think I know what I did wrong - well 2 things, I didn't backup my ROM which I was 2.3 on Meteor and I don't think that I actually rooted the phone. So I need to root it as I can access the blue writing screen where I can install from SD etc and have tried that with Miui and CM7. It tells me that it was installed, but when I reboot - I just get both ROMs title come up but nothing else happens....very frustrated & know I have myself to blame. So can I still root and install a ROM?

Sorry for the multiple posts but I fixed it. I ran through the procedure again & I forgot to "Select Wipe, then Wipe data/factory reset". It worked! Am on CM7 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone know of any widgets that can monitor credit? Like send a *100# ussd on a regular basis and display the number sent back on the icon?

If one doesn't exist imma have to break open the SDK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ED E wrote: »
    Anyone know of any widgets that can monitor credit? Like send a *100# ussd on a regular basis and display the number sent back on the icon?

Feck I dunno actually.
    3 have a link you can check so I suppose just adding that to homescreen be ok but you still have to click it.
    Sounds like a great idea for a widget. Hmm

I'll have to check with one of the o2 techs to be sure it wont be seen as a DOS and blocked out, but hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

old_aussie wrote: »
    Hi,

Have you installed ICS on any android phones?

Thanks

I rooted my Sensation and installed ICS on it last weekend. Pretty handy to do too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

ED E wrote: »

As far as I know, there is no way to get the text of the response from a USSD request. A poster here was looking at it, and couldn't find any way to do it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75583464#post75583464

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    As far as I know, there is no way to get the text of the response from a USSD request. A poster here was looking at it, and couldn't find any way to do it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75583464#post75583464

Oh right, that might kill that idea.

Ok, so I looked again just there from my desktop and instantly found it :rolleyes:
    shot_000006.png

Its called USSD Cheker: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.iba.ussdchecker&hl=en

Trial works fine, and it can also count data(I dont use my data most days as o2 plans suck donkey dick).

Its €2.30.....feckit. Bought.

Will let you know how I get on but it seems to be a pretty nice litte app(widget).

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭frank9901

sorry for cutting in
    i am looking for some advice, i just bought a 10.2" android tablet
    i have a problem with the memory card,i put some pictures and music on a tf card and put it in to the slot,the device says no card installed and there is no option to mount it, however gallery can play a slideshow of the pics but on music there is nothing
    now the problem, i was taking out the card, i pressed it down but got no spring reaction now it is out of reach and i am afraid to poke around at it
    any advice on getting the card out would be apreciated
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Press it with a pin.

To find your files, use a file browser app (like Astro) and browse to /sdcard.

srsly78 wrote: »
    Press it with a pin.

To find your files, use a file browser app (like Astro) and browse to /sdcard.
    i tried that astro wont show the card, the device says no card installed. only gallery can see all the pics and play a slide show
    but my main problem is trying to get the card out i tried pressing the top of it with another card,no luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Might be stating the obvious, but can you open the tablet at the back?

no cant open it, i was looking on youtube and i think it is beyond me, must use a knife to slice the
    plastic off the front for starters
    but i have contacted the seller and they are going to replace
    strange i just said the card would not spring out
    no questions asked just send it back for a replacement
    thanks for the input
    frank

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Hi Bikerguy
    Wondering are you still giving advice re rooting of androids?Got a Samsung Galaxy S2 android version 4.0.3,kernel version xwlp7?Got a htc sensation android version 4.0.3,h boot 1.27.0000 too?Tried revolutionary but there is no option to generate a beta key for 1.27.0000.Complete novice in this area.Could you PM if you any advice on how to root these phones?
    Ta
    Selig

• Advertisement

Rooted my Sensation on hboot 1.27 but had to do the wire trick in order to gain root

tallus wrote: »
    Rooted my Sensation on hboot 1.27 but had to do the wire trick in order to gain root

Could you PM me how you rooted it tallus if it is'nt too much trouble?Had a look at that page on XDA developers http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1864053???I simply want to root/jailbreak it?Do I need to unlock bootloader etc...?
    Selig

I'm on my phone at the moment dude and don't have pc access. I followed the instructions on the xda site and I think you will need root access if you want to do anything with it.

If anybody can help me,PM me.

seligehgit wrote: »
    If anybody can help me,PM me.

I'll certainly be interested in helping when I get back onto my pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hi, I'm in the same boat as you guys. I've got a sensation xe on hboot 1.27 running 4.0.3 rooted using this tutorial. After I rooted the phone I lost beats audio. Has anyone been able to successfully install it again? I tried a few methods but none of them worked. If anyone can share their knowledge it would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Managed to root my galaxy s2,not overly difficult.Now have superuser and CWM.Just wondering about all the tricks I can do with the rooted phone?Wish to access non market/play store apps and remove apps that were originally installed but wish to remove?What is the story with overclocking.titanium backup,shootme?
    PS if anybody that can help me unlock the bootloader on my htc sensation,appreciate it.

Advertisement