Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caring for a bike during the winter?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

MrPudding wrote: »
    Hi Oakers. Good luck with the new venture. One thing. BMW are getting a bit funny with the use of MuckOff. They are apparently refusing to replace corroded parts on bikes if MuckOff is used regularly.

Apparently they have found that if it is not rinsed correctly it can cause / accelerate corrosion.

MrP

Yep, I have heard that. I have contacted BMW who have yet to confirm the rumours.

During my process all parts are well rinsed clear of all products (muc off or any other) used to ensure no harm to any motorcycle.

EDIT: In all honesty, what you have said answers your question.
    MrPudding wrote: »
    if it is not rinsed correctly
    . Part of any job is knowing your product well and knowing how to use it correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

oakers wrote: »
    Yep, I have heard that. I have contacted BMW who have yet to confirm the rumours.
    I went to my dealer to get some corroded bits replaced. They asked if I used Muckoff. I tild them I didn't and asked why. He told me they were beginning to refuse warranty replacements where MuckOff was used.
    oakers wrote: »
    During my process all parts are well rinsed clear of all products (muc off or any other) used to ensure no harm to any motorcycle.

EDIT: In all honesty, what you have said answers your question. . Part of any job is knowing your product well and knowing how to use it correctly.

I agree, and I am not suggesting you don't use the stuff properly, just passing on some information I got in the spirit of helping someone out.

The problem is, though, if they decide they don't like it and make it a condition of the warranty that it doesn't get used on the bikes it could cause issues, whether it is used properly or not. That said, the bike manual says you are not allowed to use a power washer, but the dealers use them...

Like I said. Good luck with the venture. I hope it goes well for you. :)

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

Anyone know where I can buy some of this ACF-50 stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

positron wrote: »

Bought mine in Mega bikes on Wexford street.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

positron wrote: »

I buy mine in 4L bottles but you can by it in a aerosol in quite a few places. It's a US can so it's a bit pants. The best thing to do is spray it on to a microfibre cloth and apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Speaking of using products correctly, see this post on how to use ACF-50.

Advertisement