Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library Use

Options
  • 19-11-2011 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise me what the story is for ex students using the library? I dont want to take any books out but need to go in and take some notes from books I used back in the day... Need to swot up for slight career change. Whats the chances of being able to get into the library to study for a few hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Thanks but am using my phone to browse so could not get the ait site to load properly. Hence asking here.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

AIT Library

AIT Alumni are invited to use the AIT Library facilities. ‘Reader Access’ only is free of charge and full membership with borrowing privileges may be obtained for an annual fee of €120. For further details please call the main Library information number: + 353 (0)90 642 4561.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Thanks a million. Was hoping that would be the case. Will feel odd going back but good to know I wont be kicked out ;-) cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

There are always non-students in the library, especially before the Leaving Cert. I regularly go in and use the facilities, nobody minds as long as you're not causing trouble and AFAIK nobody checks cards, EVER.

€120 a year for library use? GTFO!!!! How much is membership in most local libraries??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I'm currently in college in UL but I'm from Athlone. Guessing there's no way I can take out a book for a few days to save me going to Limerick to get it out, or getting a mate to?

Edit: My father was a stuudent who graduated this year. I was able to log on to his student library account so do you think I'd still be able take out books with his card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I'm currently in college in UL but I'm from Athlone. Guessing there's no way I can take out a book for a few days to save me going to Limerick to get it out, or getting a mate to?

Edit: My father was a stuudent who graduated this year. I was able to log on to his student library account so do you think I'd still be able take out books with his card?

That's some shaky ground there. Reader Access for your Dad is available free of charge because he's a graduate, but that's about it unless he wants to pay €120/year for the privilege of taking books out. If you have a friend in AIT, that might be a better option.

I graduated this year too, and my expiry date is showing as 26-10-2011. By all means try the self-service machine near the issue desk, but don't be surprised if it starts throwing errors at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

That's some shaky ground there. Reader Access for your Dad is available free of charge because he's a graduate, but that's about it unless he wants to pay €120/year for the privilege of taking books out. If you have a friend in AIT, that might be a better option.

I graduated this year too, and my expiry date is showing as 26-10-2011. By all means try the self-service machine near the issue desk, but don't be surprised if it starts throwing errors at you.

Might try getting someone to take them out for me so. Cheer's for reply.

Edit: Found expiry date, same as yours. Definately try get a mate to take them out for me so.

Advertisement