Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schuh Group Interview

Options
  • 19-11-2011 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey Guys, I just got a call that I have a group interview in Schuh on Monday. Anyone been to one of these interviews before and know what normally happens/ what you get asked? Oh and anyone have any tips on what to wear. She said on the phone that it's really informal and a bit of fun so just to wear normal clothes but I do still want to make an impression!

HELP I really want this job! :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's a girl who posted in the "where are all the jobs" thread at the top of this page who just got a job in Schuh. PM here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It usually consists of team building exercises and group activities! Key tip: stand out and be confident but not cocky! Look over the company history and find out a bit about em!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boo-yaw-ka-shaa

I'd a group interview with schuh. It was really informal. Quick bit of team-building/getting to know person beside you at start. Then just asked our opinions on what we thought good and bad customer service was. Had we ever experienced bad customer service and how it made us feel etc. etc. We did a bit at the end where there was random shoes on ground in front of us and we all had to pick up a shoe and try sell it to everyone.
    It really isn't anything to get nervous about just keep smiling and try to keep talking and be chatty and friendly.
    That's what I did and I got offered the job :) Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You should be a shoe-in for the job, don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Jellorous wrote: »
    Hey Guys, I just got a call that I have a group interview in Schuh on Monday. Anyone been to one of these interviews before and know what normally happens/ what you get asked? Oh and anyone have any tips on what to wear. She said on the phone that it's really informal and a bit of fun so just to wear normal clothes but I do still want to make an impression!

HELP I really want this job! :/

I did one and got the job in 1998. Basically we'd do a drawing to describe ourselves, quizes. It was page 1 of 'personality tests for HR undergraduates'. They hired the people who were the most laugh, I didnt mention previous experience at all.

I must warn you though, it was the worst job Ive ever had. I didnt last more than 3 weeks. But that was a long long time ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement