Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solo in Sydney over Christmas

Options
  • 19-11-2011 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Anyone in the same boat? Staying in the Northern Beaches area for 12 nights over xmas & new year. Backpacking on my own & happy in my own company but if there's anyone in the area or in the same boat as me would be great to meet up for an Xmas drink or a cuppa! :)
    Am 29 yr old girl from Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I'm in the same boat but unfortunately I'll be in Melboure. I would have if I was in Sydney

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭blondie82

Ah that's a pity...I'm in Melbourne now, leaving a few days before Christmas. Hope you have a good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Hi - same thing as GiftofGab - gonna be in Melbourne. Just arrived last week but have a friend over here only she's headed home for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I may be! I'm currently in Sydney after a spell in Melbourne .... May be leaving to do regional work soon though or goin back home ha confused I am

Gossipgal wrote: »
    Hi - same thing as GiftofGab - gonna be in Melbourne. Just arrived last week but have a friend over here only she's headed home for xmas

Nice, well I'll be arriving in Melbourne in about 2 weeks. I've been travelling down the east coast and met so many people but they all seem to finish in Sydney.

We can meet up sometime over Christmas if you like.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but if anybody is around Melbourne for Christmas I'd be more than happy to meet up.

If you are in Sydney, you should contact the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I haven't decided on whether to go to Sydney for a bit or stay in Melbourne. I'd definitely be up for a few pints over the holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Yeah GiftofGab - I'd def be up for that. My plan is to settle here in Melbourne for the next 6 months so far. Just moved into a house. Met people in the hostel I was at but most of them are just passing through. Hoping to meet more when I get working.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shazforgrub

I was going to be on my own for christmas but am headin to Perth to meet up with some mates, I will be back for New Years though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭mel123

There is a great website called travbuddy.com and they have a Sydney meet up. I've done these meet up's, met fellow travellers, and met some of my now best friends. Loads of people in the same boat check it out and start a few meetings of your own, it's a great way to meet people.

OK I'll be arriving in Melbourne tomorrow morning if anybody fancies meeting up over the Christmas?? Any more Melbourne boards beers coming up anytime soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Send me a pm op , in Sydney myself, moving in with a few other Irish, all from kilkenny and all up for the craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ash.murphy

hey. I will be at Collory Beach for Xmas, if you will be anywhere near there. a cuppa tea sounds lovely..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

well collaroy is pretty much at the center of all the northern beaches so you would be pretty much a 30 minute bus ride at the most from palm beach which is the furthest beach north of the northern beaches.

Advertisement