Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 11 Thread

• 19-11-2011 3:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭

I thought that there would be a thread for this already considering a few players have already played.

Anyway, I was dreading this week because Drew Brees is on a bye. That was until I saw who my opponent was. As it stands I am projected to score 121.48 and he's projected to score 14.20.

I am fully expecting at least 3 of my players to outscore his team entirely.

His team is hopeless. 2 players are on IR, 2 more are classified as out, 1 is questionable, 3 of his starting team are on byes this week. His defence are the Texans who have a bye. Mightn't sound too bad until you see that he has the Broncos on the bench who have 17 points already this week. Colt McCoy, his only decent player, is sitting on the bench behind a starting QB that's on IR.

You gotta love the inactives in a league :pac:.

So how's everyone else fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'm playing cam newton, the man of many name! Going by recent trends of my games, he'll probably score 200 points :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

real tricky week with many good players on bye, and even more doubtful or limited

Last week was carnage for injuries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Bengals D who have been pretty good all year playing a very hit and miss ravens or Jaguars D who are playing a horrible browns team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Interestingly in my game in 3 of the positions the players going head to head in fantasy go head to head irl. Bryant vs. Bironas, Stafford vs. Newton and Jackson vs. Bush. Also interesting is that my opponent has benched 2 of his "stars", Antonio Gates and Vincent Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Need to pick 2 out of DeSean Jackson Darius Moore or Burleson. just cant decide??????????

• Advertisement

me89 wrote: »
    Need to pick 2 out of DeSean Jackson Darius Moore or Burleson. just cant decide??????????

You definitely start Moore, and I would just about start Burleson.

Why must Stafford score 4 TDs when I'm playing the guy with him? And why must Calvin Johnson catch none of them?

Typically a player doesn't score 25 points while throwing 4 picks, but Cam Newton does strange things. I'm winning by 22, all the stars except his Cruz have played so I should be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

matthew8 wrote: »
    Typically a player doesn't score 25 points while throwing 4 picks, but Cam Newton does strange things. I'm winning by 22, all the stars except his Cruz have played so I should be safe.

Please god you do win as well. I've this week wrapped up it's just a case of how many points I score. If you win your match then I'll be out on my own at the top of the league.

Please god you do win as well. I've this week wrapped up it's just a case of how many points I score. If you win your match then I'll be out on my own at the top of the league.

Thanks, and my Harvin signing seems to be working out, 15 points from his first game :). It should go down to Monday night though, with my Patriots D and his Hernandez playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Am I wrong in thinking that if the League Manager takes over an abandoned team they can only use the teams current players and can't add or drop players?

Masked Man wrote: »
    Am I wrong in thinking that if the League Manager takes over an abandoned team they can only use the teams current players and can't add or drop players?

Well I think they can, but they nearly always don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Well I think they can, but they nearly always don't.

Thanks. Our GM started controlling abandoned teams this week. He added some FAs to the team I was facing this week and dropped 3 players. I wasn't sure what the deal was after seeing this in the Charter:
    8. If a team is abandoned mid-season then the GM of the league will take control of that team. They will select the team each week purely going by NFL.com's 'Projected Points'. That team will not be allowed to take part in any trades, pick anyone up off waivers or drop players.

Cutler is on a roll at the minute. 238 yards, 2 TDs, 1 yard rushing and 1 rushing TD. Still have the whole 4th quarter to go yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Masked Man wrote: »
    Thanks. Our GM started controlling abandoned teams this week. He added some FAs to the team I was facing this week and dropped 3 players. I wasn't sure what the deal was after seeing this in the Charter:

That's BS tbh. He shouldn't be adding any FA's to abandoned teams and I'd also have a huge issue with him only deciding to start controlling the abandoned teams from this week. Either do it from Week 1 or don't do it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    That's BS tbh. He shouldn't be adding any FA's to abandoned teams and I'd also have a huge issue with him only deciding to start controlling the abandoned teams from this week. Either do it from Week 1 or don't do it at all.

Why did he only do it now? Sounds like he is trying to take out his competitors. Agreed with Mr Guappa total BS either be consistent from the start or leave the teams rot so every one gets the same out come against them. And as by the Charter he shouldn't be adding players.

Another reason why GMs shouldn't touch teams. Let them rot and kick out the manager at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Agreed - he shouldn't be wheeling and dealing to make the team stronger (or weaker) merely using what they have to fill empty slots in the starting line up.

With regard to being consistent, the team may only be abandoned after week 5 or so, when the owner loses interest after a 1-4 start. Throw in a couple of weeks to be sure it really is an abandoned team, and the earliest the league GM can take over is mid season.

Damn you Victor Cruz! Scoring 18 points against me, now I need the Pats D to beat Hernandez by 1. I hope that Palko performs as expected. I'm glad my opponent benched Jackson (22 points) and Gates (12 points).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Who is the GM that picked up players for an abandoned off FA?

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Who is the GM that picked up players for an abandoned off FA?

The infamous Johnny_fontane. If he is still the D5 GM that is.

The infamous Johnny_fontane. If he is still the D5 GM that is.

Are you sure? I have been keeping track of the inactive teams, death or taxes and the tash ticklers are inactive, team awesome was inactive, made some changes and went inactive again.

Are you sure? I have been keeping track of the inactive teams, death or taxes and the tash ticklers are inactive, team awesome was inactive, made some changes and went inactive again.

Frisbee asked who the GM was as someone said the GM made changes. If masked man is in D5 then isn't the GM Fontane?

Frisbee asked who the GM was as someone said the GM made changes. If masked man is in D5 then isn't the GM Fontane?

I don't think he said it was in a league here. COuld be any league that he plays in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ok well can someone confirm for me whether it was in one of the official Boards Leagues (eg Prem - Div 5) that it happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

if it is an official boards league and it sounds like D5 to me then whoever has done this should be banned from futher participating in the boards leagues.

there is a charter for a reason. Thats a joke, and its nto the first balls up in D5 this year either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

I dont think its in Div 5 that the GM is taking over teams. It was decided ages ago to leave the inactive team (Tash Ticklers) roster as is i.e. Kerry Collins starting and Cot McCoy on the bench. There have been no changes on the Tash Ticklers since early october

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Damn you Victor Cruz! Scoring 18 points against me, now I need the Pats D to beat Hernandez by 1. I hope that Palko performs as expected. I'm glad my opponent benched Jackson (22 points) and Gates (12 points).

My two Chargers are killing me, great when I bench them shocking when I start them. As a Pats fan I am in an awkward spot tonight. Hopefully Welker and Gronk are double covered all night meaning Hernandez kicks as and the Pats Def plays well without any turnovers or sacks or fumbles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

slowharry wrote: »
    My two Chargers are killing me, great when I bench them shocking when I start them. As a Pats fan I am in an awkward spot tonight. Hopefully Welker and Gronk are double covered all night meaning Hernandez kicks as and the Pats Def plays well without any turnovers or sacks or fumbles.

Im in 2 minds over who wins between ye 2 guys tonight...it could go either way.

If Matthew8 wins, i'm second in the league overall.

If Slowharry wins, i go 1 game ahead of Matthew8 in the division (i'm already ahead on points diff) with an inactive team to play next week so i practically win the division.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Ok well can someone confirm for me whether it was in one of the official Boards Leagues (eg Prem - Div 5) that it happened?

It's defnitely not in Division 5 anyway.

I'm up against the most inactive person this week and I'm destroying him. His main players are all on the bench and he has 4 inactive players starting.

We had a vote in Division 5 and to be fair to the GM he accepted the decision.

Advertisement