Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas and the 'Bargains' that go along with it

• 19-11-2011 3:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Mother came into me today and showed me a brand new pair of Ugg boots she'd gotten. "Surely they're not real, we'd never be able to afford those." I said

"Ah they were a back of the lorry job, got them for €40." I was a bit shocked since I never had my own mother pegged as the type who'd accept obviously stolen merch no matter how attractive the price is. Do any of you buy goods this time of year at a knockdown price with extremely questionable origins?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Mother came into me today

Couldn't concentrate on the rest of the OP after that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

Ugh! Boots.
    Your mother?
    What did you ask Santy for.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Maybe they're just fakes? Not stolen?
    I got a pair of fake uggs a couple of weeks ago for €30 off some chinese lad, they look like the real deal but he wasn't trying to say they were.
    They're a million times better than the cheap ones from penneys or the "expensive cheap ones" from other shops, was surprised when I had a proper look at them :eek:

Edit: Reminded me of this site :D
    http://stolenmerchandise.com/wordpress/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I bought some 'genuine' Armani aftershave for the brother-in-law, a lovely Dolce & Gabbana watch for the father and a GHD straighteners set for my daughter last year off a travelling man who called to the door.

Nothing wrong with a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

You get a free puppy after christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭massiveattack

I love giving my OH a lorry job, beats a tit w*ank anyday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

am not one for labels; the only one weakness is the polo tshirts from equestrian brand joules-will never buy fakes of those,they are expensive to buy but they last for years without wear.

if its footwear,will never buy fakes,its better to save up a bit for the official ones and make sure they are not going to affect posture/back/feet or fall apart or leak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Penny-pinching is the new Ostentatious.

I'm so broke I can't even buy 3 houses and go on 4 holidays a year like back in the good old days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

xmas is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

no, I dont buy cheap shit for the sake of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I buy fake stuff all year round!

I especially love my 'gold' Frada watch. that's fake Prada for those of you not familiar with the criminal underworld.

I don't buy knockoffs as gifts though. It's tacky and knowing my luck it'd explode/break/kill whoever I gave it to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Why would anybody pay full price when they can get it off the back of a truck for a third of RRP?,OP is the fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Yeah just got my brand new lambordhini

And ewwww ugg boots

Advertisement