Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

susan boyle sings depeche mode

Options
  • 19-11-2011 5:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

Did you see children in need the other night on the BBC?

Susan Boyle was on singing enjoy the silence by depeche mode and much to my pleasant surprise she did an amazing rendition of it, gives the song a whole new meaning. She's a bit wobbly at the start but pulls it off in the end.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Yeah, she's slightly out of tune for a lot of that - not pleasant to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

She's also doing an album of Joy Division covers, her cover of Atrocity Exhibition is chilling apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Awful, awful version.
    Tori Amos did a "quiet" reworking of it on Strange Little Girls which fared much better. As for me, I'll stick to the original, or - better yet - the "Reinterpreted 2004" mix, which beefs it up to the same extent as Failure did on the For the Masses tribute album.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ah come on its not that bad, at least with her version you can actually make out the words, and she gives meaning to the song...to me DP's version was just a dance track never understood the lyrics to it until now

here's the studio version...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

She's also doing an album of Joy Division covers, her cover of Atrocity Exhibition is chilling apparently.

"This is the way, step inside"

Nah, can't picture it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Ah come on now. That's a shameful video. Almost as bad as George Michael's attempt at True Faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

fryup wrote: »
    and much to my pleasant surprise she did an amazing rendition of it...

Are you tone deaf?

Advertisement