Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get KOFXIII Special edition?

Options
  • 19-11-2011 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for advice on getting the special edition of KOFXIII, you know the one with all the CDs and stuff. It's a bit of a niche game so will Game Stop stock it? What's the cheapest place and where are you all getting it from? Also, do the CDs come with all versions of the game or is it part of some special edition?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Azure_sky wrote: »
    I'm looking for advice on getting the special edition of KOFXIII, you know the one with all the CDs and stuff. It's a bit of a niche game so will Game Stop stock it? What's the cheapest place and where are you all getting it from? Also, do the CDs come with all versions of the game or is it part of some special edition?

Doesn't seem like Gamestop are stocking it from their wedsite but they may just get it in on launch. There isn't a special edition, the CDs are a preorder bonus. Game have it up on their site that if you preorder it from them, you get the CDs but it also says UK only, so the only way to be sure is to ask in store.

Hope some store gets them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Thanks, I had a feeling Game Stop wouldn't stock it. Smyths is probably another long shot. Game and HMV seems the only places on the high street that will have it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Is there any reason for someone like me who doesn't care about anything but the game itself to get the special edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is there any reason for someone like me who doesn't care about anything but the game itself to get the special edition?
    I thought you liked rocking music?

It doesn't cost any more and comes with 4 free CDs.
    All you have to do is pre-order it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

4 CDs of sexy KoF music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

4 free CDs sounds like a good deal.

Anyone find anywhere taking pre-orders or selling the special edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

As was said, there is no special edition, it's a preorder bonus.

Up north Game and HMV are the only places doing it off the top of my head, not sure if it'll be the same down south.

I think there was a post on the publishers forum a while back detailing which retailers were carrying the preorder goodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I ordered from Amazon, seemed to be the cheapest place online to sell it.
    Not sure if they're giving the preorder bonus though.

HMV on Henry Street isn't stocking it, so I doubt any of the others are. Game are but I don't know if it comes with the pre-order bonus. Pre-ordered it from them earlier this week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement