Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a Kindle

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Has anyone hacked their Kindle to change screensaver? I'd love to have the book cover of what I'm currently reading as my screensaver. Is there any non-hack solution to this? Google hasn't helped much.

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Has anyone hacked their Kindle to change screensaver? I'd love to have the book cover of what I'm currently reading as my screensaver. Is there any non-hack solution to this? Google hasn't helped much.

Hacked my kindle this week to change the screen savers. Did a lot of searching and from what I read, you can't change the screen savers without a hack.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Its an easy hack, takes only a few minutes, but, there is no way (that I know of) of tying what you are reading into the screensaver. It will either rotate through them 1 by 1, or randomly, depending on how you have it set up. I guess you could delete all other backgrounds except the one you want, and update everytime you finish a book and start a new one, but seems like a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

My husband has often suggested to me that I would like a kindle as I love reading. I was adamant that it wasnt for me as I thought the whole reading experience would be different and I would miss the feel and look of a book. Anyway I was in pc world at the weekend with him and I picked up a kindle and for the first time in my life I am in love with a gadjet:p. It is the best gift I have ever got (hubby brought it as my birthday presant) and I think I would be bereft if anything happened to it. I can browse through books at my leisure, get free samples and see reviews and best of all I can have a book to read in seconds. I have been reading as much as possible the last week and still have a lot of battery power left so when we go away I wont need to worry about bringing a charger. Now I am off to read the rest of this thread and hopefully get some user tips!!

Does anybody have this Amazon lighted leather cover?

I'm in two minds about getting it in Tesco or Currys - it's quite pricey for what it is IMO, but I could see myself getting good use out of it. At the moment I have a cover which is a bit on the bulky side, and use a clip-on light for reading at night. But I find that the light I'm using at the moment doesn't have great screen coverage, and I start to strain when I get lower down the page. If I knew for sure that the light coverage on this was much superior I think I'd go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't have that one but I have the older one...

amazon-kindle-lighted-cover-007_medium.jpg

I'm very happy with it tbh, it's great being able to read in bed with the lights off. I don't personally have any problem with the light coverage, although I obviously can't speak for the newer one.

EDIT: I found a pic of the new cover...

kindle-case2011-01-2401-41-56gall.jpg

Took the plunge and got it. The light is incredible, makes such a difference. The case itself is lovely too, and it's a very snug fit so I don't mind leaving it on the whole time, even when I don't need the light. Delighted with it.

Advertisement