Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Dev/SKD question

Options
  • 19-11-2011 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to copy my first app to my iPhone, but it is not appearing for some reason.

It works fine on the emulator, so I am fairly sure the code is fine.

When I build in xcode, using the device as the target, I get the following in the Console log of the device:
    installd[1086] <Error>: 00381000 verify_signer_identity: Could not copy validate signature: -402620393

installd[1086] <Error>: 00381000 preflight_application_install: Could not verify executable at /var/tmp/install_staging.n6rhwS/Welcome.app

mobile_installation_proxy[1087] <Error>: handle_install: Installation failed

It sounds like there is a problem with the certificate, possibly?

Any pointers? Using Xcode 3.2.6 with iOS SDK 4.3 on Mac Snow Leopard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Got it sorted.

Apparently, xcode only compiles files that changed (makes sense, I suppose). As I had compiled this program previously (before I created my developer profile), it did not sign the code. When I did complete my developer profile and re-compiled, it did not change much (if anything). Therefore the new compilation did not appear to add my signature to the code, which was then rejected by the device.

I just created a brand new test app and it transferred to the device immediately.

Advertisement