Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.Net Framework

Options
  • 19-11-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been developing applications for a while now. I am just curious about what framework my fellow developers use or what IT companies are using.

I tend to use Framework 3.5 for general applications and 2.0 for DLLs. I haven't been near Framework 4.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

RealistSpy wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have been developing applications for a while now. I am just curious about what framework my fellow developers use or what IT companies are using.

I tend to use Framework 3.5 for general applications and 2.0 for DLLs. I haven't been near Framework 4.

Thanks
    Why do you differenciate between 2.0 and 3.5?

Wouldn't a 'general application' contain dlls???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

The thing is I create my own DLL in 2.0 which contains functions I use a lot. I used 2.0 Framework because it is a base class for M$ frameworks which means it works on a framework 4.0 applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

.Net 4.0 is what we use. I'm a big fan of Task Parallel Library!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

.Net 4.0 is what we use. I'm a big fan of Task Parallel Library!

Can you give me a sample code on that please. How is it so different from the current threading function?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

It's different in the sense that it abstracts all the multithreading stuff away and lets you think in terms of jobs or tasks that run in parallel. It's by no means essential, but I think things like TPL, Thread Building Blocks and Grand Central Dispatch take a lot of pain out of doing work asynchronously to avoid blocking the UI and leveraging multicore CPUs.

Regarding sample code, your best bet it to look up some tutorials on it, its a pretty broad subject!

• Advertisement
Advertisement