Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[TA Events] The Ashes Of War

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Simply can't wait, is there any power on site? like in the barn in senny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Simply can't wait, is there any power on site? like in the barn in senny

While there will be some charging facility available they will not be as readily available as senny and could only be available for set periods of time, I look at them really as a back up I would plan to not need them if at all possible.

No barn this time, we do have some buildings set aside for sleeping but with the volume of people going they could be cramped. I know a lot of people will be running tents this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Not long to go now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Not long to go now...

Agreed Can't wait !!

This time next week I expect I'll be wandering around Copehill trying to get a feel for the game on Saturday... like a boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I hope everyone turns up, Kev. It's a big place and I don't want to spend the game chasing you around it. :)

OzCam wrote: »
    I hope everyone turns up, Kev. It's a big place and I don't want to spend the game chasing you around it. :)

I'm fat and I'm lazy - it wouldn't be much of a challenge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

What are the distances like between buildings compared to Senny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Pretty much the same. The design is based on a generic town somewhere in Central Europe, except for Middle Barn Close which replicates the much denser housing of English industrial towns. Which Belfast pretty much was, in design terms at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

A mix up now leaves me with now without transport to Copehill:eek:

At the moment my options are.
    Does anyone have a spare set on a bus.
    A spear seat in a car.
    Walk on passanger on ferry and jump on a bus for the journey to and from Copehill.
    Book my own car on the ferry car and drive.

Any help is welcome. Happy to pay my way.

Jimkil wrote: »
    A mix up now leaves me with now without transport to Copehill:eek:

At the moment my options are.
    Does anyone have a spare set on a bus.
    A spear seat in a car.
    Walk on passanger on ferry and jump on a bus for the journey to and from Copehill.
    Book my own car on the ferry car and drive.

Any help is welcome. Happy to pay my way.

As far as I know Red Barn have a bus going to this - perhaps check with Dobby on the Red Barn thread - there may still be room on the bus.

Jimkil wrote: »
    What are the distances like between buildings compared to Senny?

This might give some perspective

And Only \/\/\/ left :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Holy last minute deliveries Batman!

My new shock absorber and brake system literally arrived today and yesterday leaving only tomorrow for fitting. Was getting worried I'd have a miserable trip to Copehill for a bit there.

Safe trip over folks - see you in Copehill.

Dale - if you're stuck for a back up aeg I'll have one spare if the VFC lets you down again.

Now ... final bits to pack.

Cant wait.... Picking up last few bits now, then packing then breakfast, t minus 5 hours to departure :D ... Probably see most of ya on the ferry.... Safe trip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

Safe Trip over Tomorrow Lads:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Nearly had to pull out at the last minute, but I'm on the bus, fckn anticipating the sh1te out of this weekend.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

****ing EPIC Weekend!!!,(on Behalf of Section 1-4 AGF), EPIC, Just EPIC......

@ Mark Mungo, It's 15/15 All from Senny,LOL:D

Thanks to all The Irish Airsofter's Both Tan & Green, Who Went over and Made it a Super Weekend!!!

Oh Buy the Way Tan's Won!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Betty Blue wrote: »
    ****ing EPIC Weekend!!!,(on Behalf of Section 1-4 AGF), EPIC, Just EPIC......

@ Mark Mungo, It's 15/15 All from Senny,LOL:D

Thanks to all The Irish Airsofter's Both Tan & Green, Who Went over and Made it a Super Weekend!!!

Oh Buy the Way Tan's Won!!!!

Couldn't agree more brilliant weekend great weather and top game play from both sides lead to a really fun weekend of airsoft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

Great weekend. Thanks to all for great memories.

Tans FTW- Wild Geese rocked it....like a boss!

If you took or know of anyone who took video footage , headcam/guncam etc please IM me your email address so i can arrange to correlate all footage into one EPIC youtube video

thanks, Kiwi

• Advertisement

Great weekend of gaming - good to finally get to Copehill and better to get their and have some fantastic scraps.

Night time was awesome ... especially given the number of Irish present (and therefore the amount of pyro getting thrown around!).

Brent - those two grenades bounced from on building into the next basement (bouncing them off the road and into the basement windows) were awesome - even more so the cheer that went up from the greens who were in the building and couldn't believe you actually made the throw - twice!

Jack - taking out the hotel (and about 8 greens) on your tobler ... total legend.

Kiwi - sorry to leave you bleed out on the road outside the Hotel ... I have a suspicion that I'm going to be hearing about that for some time.

Alternate ID - as ever, like a boss.

Mark - there couldn't have been worse timing to get sick, but at least you were up and at them on Sunday morning.

Also good to put a face to some of the names on the tan and green sides. Not sure if everyone else experienced this, but there seemed to be much less griping and moaning on both sides - maybe all we need is airsofting in 22 degrees of heat and sunshine to get everyone to have a good time...

3-3 Irish out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Literally only just home, my first time over to the UK for airsofting and I thought it was fantastic. The weather was great, the gaming was great and the people were great fun to play with.

When's the next one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Final debrief is up folks: link

Bring on the next game (even if it may be a while...)!

Advertisement