Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless drill with "free" lamp

Options
  • 19-11-2011 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I was given a present of a cordless drill (good brand name) along with various accesories, there was an offer of a free lamp with this.Snag is when you register online as directed it says promotion is over and also only available to U.K residents. I rung the hardware where it was bought and was told they would "look into it ". It was the attitude over the phone which got me pi??ed off. So now what can i do ?After all it was advertised that you receive free lamp with cordless .:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

scatter wrote: »
    I was given a present of a cordless drill (good brand name) along with various accesories, there was an offer of a free lamp with this.Snag is when you register online as directed it says promotion is over and also only available to U.K residents. I rung the hardware where it was bought and was told they would "look into it ". It was the attitude over the phone which got me pi??ed off. So now what can i do ?After all it was advertised that you receive free lamp with cordless .:confused:

Was the free lamp advertise on a poster in the shop or in the box of the drill? either case did it have T&C's associated with it or small print that might say gift only UK residents only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

get the lamp sent to a relative in the uk? can u do that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just because there's an offer doesn't mean you're entitled to it. According the T&Cs you describe (a) the offer is over and (b) it was only ever meant for residents of the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭scatter

It was advertised on local paper buy as "18 volt AEG cordless drill and receive a free lamp "(which uses same battery as cordless).Now it seems that i have to register tool on AEG website and download form and send away to receive lamp.The store i bought it in has contacted rep and says they have ran out of lamps and also their website is down.This offer ends in december.

Advertisement