Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub Forums For Political Parties.

Options
  • 19-11-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭

I would like to see sub forums designated to the political parties.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I would, personally, not like to see this. Not in an admin capacity but my own personal view.

Several reasons:

1. it would have to be strictly moderated to stave off trolling and trench warfare/goading
    2. it *could* become a form of exclusion (ie: dont post here if you dont agree with X party's agenda or ethos)
    3. if its a discussion forum or a support forum for a political party, then the political party should make the effort and host it themselves at their own expense (both in the cost of runnign servers and the time and effort it woud take to mod it)

If you want to talk politics with others who like to talk politics there the politics forum. If you want to talk politics with only those that support the same party as you, well, there are places to do exactly that. If you want to learn more about a party's agenda or manifesto, then again, there are places to do that too.

Am I missing something that boards.ie could provide better than the parties themselves? (honest question)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

a social group might be better suited for that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Splitters!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Private invite-only forums are a better idea for this. Similar to what the Republicans have done on here, seems to be working well for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Labour have their own forum. FF do. FG do. Why is boards needed?

Regardless - Forum Requests forum is the place for this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement