If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo tx nr 509 & 5.1 speakers

Options
  • 19-11-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,
    Could I have a quote please for this receiver and a suitable speaker package? I'm looking for discrete speakers - something like the jamo 101's or the onkyo that come bundled with this amp. Feel free to quote for the smaller onkyo receiver (309?) also.... Price wise: I've seen quotes for the onkyo hts 6405 bundle and I'd just about stretch into that ballpark! ;-)
    Thanks in advance,
    Sean
    Btw: it's to match up with a samsung ue7000d series telly, and will reside in a medium sized living room.

Edit: I haven't bought a 3d bluray yet, so I'm in the Market for one also: would it be wise to stick to Samsung, or could you suggest something alternative?
    Sound and picture quality and an ability to listen to basic Internet radio are the key factors for me and I can compromise on some of the other connectivity options...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Subadub.

The best discreet speakers that we have at the moment are the Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 speakers. These get excellent reviews and sound fantastic.

The Jamo A101's are ones that I have experience of, but they do look quite a bit larger than the Bostons.

The 509 is very different to the 309 and to be honest, hand on heart, the Pioneer 421 does sound better than the Onkyo 309 so if you were looking to keep the budget down, the 421 would be the better way to go.

The Pioneer with the Boston pack would come in at £492.89 including delivery.

The Onkyo 309 would be £512.89 including delivery.

The Onkyo 509 with the Boston pack would be £599.95 including delivery.

As always, we do offer the pricebeat, so let me know if you get a better anywhere in the UK or Ireland including delivery.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Subadub

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for the reply. I just noticed the thread about the Denon receivers: There were 3 1612's available - are these all gone? If not what would be the price with the Boston speakers? Could you also quote for speakers with Marantz 1402? (Audiovisualonline price for this bundle incl cable £588.90 delivered)
    Thanks a lot,
    Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Sean.

Did you reserve a 1612 with Kenny by any chance ?

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Subadub

Hi Dave,
    Yes, I did, but I'm still not quite decided between the 1612 and the 1912... If I can stretch the budget I'll probably go with the 1912, but I'm just experimenting with networks etc here today to see what's on offer and if it's worth the extra few quid...
    You might let Kenny know please...?
    I'll probably delay the order until monday, as a Tuesday delivery would suit best as I'm away for a few days...
    Thanks a lot Dave,
    Regards,
    Sean

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.