Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Culinary arts info?

• 19-11-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Im considering doing the culinary arts degree in cit (cr 640) and i dont really have too much information about it, is there practical classes? Like actually cooking or is it all about managment in that area because thats the impression i got from the website. Or any info on the bachlor of arts culinary course? do u really need all that experiance and a previous course done?
    Please reply someone i need to know soon!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭badgerbaiter

Mate o mine is doin that course and said they do plenty of cooking :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭have_a_go_hero

its mostly cooking along with a small amount of theory classes....most of the theory you will do will have to do with what you will be cooking however there are modules on cost control,,,stock control,,,,managing people and gastronomy and general business subjects,,,,its a bachelor of business course so you have to do the business modules,,,there are other ways to become a chef in CIT without the business,,,if you dont want business degree..... PM me if you want more details on these options.........

Advertisement