Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gulag

Options
  • 19-11-2011 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

just back from the harbour.god what a lot of mass concrete and railings.cold ugly place if u ask me a big russian sub wouldnt look out of place there.ive tried a few times..i really have but for the life of me i cant see how a featureless concrete gulag improves what was there.we keep hearing them blitthering on and on about how great it is..but in my oponion its horrendous and the millions it musta cost..lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Um, do you know what a gulag is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Rasmus wrote: »
    Um, do you know what a gulag is?
    um...your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tennisplayer

Maudi wrote: »
    just back from the harbour.god what a lot of mass concrete and railings.cold ugly place if u ask me a big russian sub wouldnt look out of place there.ive tried a few times..i really have but for the life of me i cant see how a featureless concrete gulag improves what was there.we keep hearing them blitthering on and on about how great it is..but in my oponion its horrendous and the millions it musta cost..lol

Gulag stands for "Chief Administration of Corrective Labor Camps."

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

"a gulag" is also shorthand for one of those camps.

Clearly the OP meant the harbour looked like somewhere you would find a forced labour camp, due to the bleak landscape of concrete and wire. Not sure if it warranted a new thread though :-)

Clearly the OP meant the harbour looked like somewhere you would find a forced labour camp, due to the bleak landscape of concrete and wire. Not sure if it warranted a new thread though :-)
    tennisplayer thank you for your kind explanation.its exactly what i meant.although im reading gulag by anne applebaum and know exactly what it means..seems some phd heads troll the boards like babushkas.

• Advertisement

Maudi wrote: »

tennisplayer thank you for your kind explanation.its exactly what i meant.although im reading gulag by anne applebaum and know exactly what it means..seems some phd heads troll the boards like babushkas.
    sorry sorry sorry.credit for explanation should have gone to my perfect cousin.my bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

And this doesn't fit in the harbour thread because?

It looks superb now... From night view to the rising sun..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement