Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DL231 & DL 245 ??

Options
  • 19-11-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Im thinking of doing this course and im wondering could a few people answer these questions id like to know?

are the 2 courses the exact same? and would I nearly be better off doing the level 7 encase I get sick of the whole thing and don't want to do the 4Th year ?

would accommodation be easy to get for about 80-90 euro within 10-15 minutes walk of the college?

what is the night life like around there? do most people go into Dublin city or what is it like around dun laoghaire? is it better than cork city which is where I am now?

and the people who are doing the course what do ye think of it? does it cover shares? and alot of entrepreneurship compared to other general business courses in cit dit ?

and are there much jobs at the end of the course with good pay etc.?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I know it's short notice, but IADT's open days are on this week. Information here.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cj2007

Heya!

Sorry for late reply I just came across this!

I am currently in my 3rd year of DL245!

The two courses are the exact same up until 3rd year. same subjects apart from dl245 doing a work placement at the start of 3rd year. At the end of 3rd year the 231s are finished with a level 7 ordinary degree and do have the option to go on and do the 4th year to get a level 8 honors degree.

I really enjoyed the placement so I am happy I didnt the 4 year course, but if you are unsure if this course is what you want to do, do the 3rd year course you get a level 7 and then can go onto level 8 in IADT or apply to somewhere like ITT

Personally I would recommend DIt over IADT if you have the points! Theres more of a social life. This is also a general business degree so you can get a job in any business place...when you do the placement you get to work in the real world which can help you decide what excatly you want to do!!

They are a lot of people in my course with their own businesses before they even do the course .

I live at home so i dont know about accommodation but I know there is a lot of it around and not too expensive

Advertisement